Logistics and Inventory Manager Job at iProcure Ltd
Posted on: 7 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at iProcure Ltd
iProcure is the largest agricultural supply chain platform in rural Africa. Founded in 2013, it leverages an agricultural inputs platform that improves supply chains, costs and market analytic to fuel the economic potential of rural African communities. From data-driven distribution to the last mile delivery, iProcure provides complete procurement and distribution solution for farm supply to partners that want to streamline their distribution and improve efficiency and customer service.
This role will be critical in ensuring that as iProcure grows, the logistics structure remains sufficient to meet the additional needs.
- Manage timely delivery of products to multiple locations at the least possible cost.
- Ensure regulations for transport and storage for goods are kept.
- Identify, negotiate and manage relationships with external transporters.
- Manage crisis in cases of truck breakdowns.
- Analyse lead times and ensure optimal stock quantities are maintained.
- Develop and enforce shrinkage mitigation systems.
- Ensure all products are tracked (e.g. Batching and bar-coding.)
- Use past data to forecast on demand.
- Keep finance and procurement team updated on inventory requirements.
- Train warehouse teams on how to use the Inventory management database.
- Ensure that all warehouse managers are performing within the set KPIs.
- Ensure company standards are maintained in all warehouses.
Does this sound like you?
- 5-10 years’ experience in logistics and inventory management working with diverse products.
- You have experience utilizing data in forecasting, inventory and replenishment optimization, scheduling and load building, etc.
- You have hands-on experience in at least one ERP system (e.g. SAP, InFlow, Excel) and ability to train warehouse teams on how to read the data.
- Prior experience in team management and demonstrated skills in coaching.
- The thought of travelling 30% of the time within Kenya to meet with your team and clients excites you.
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and make things happen. You are resourceful and readily embrace challenges.
- You foresee the possible logistics challenges and plan for them.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to iProcure Ltd career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about iProcure LtdSimilar Jobs
- Driver at Tradecare Africa Ltd
- IT Officer (Kwale Satellite Office) at Komaza
- Director of Wood Processing R&D at Komaza
- Communications Officer at SunCulture
- Accounts Assistant at Melbrimo Investment
- Mechanic at Flamingo Horticulture Kenya Ltd
- Product & Marketing Manager at Monsanto
- IT Manager at SunCulture