Komaza works to unlock the potential of small-scale farmers to solve Africa's wood supply crisis. Collectively, small farmers possess limitless land and labor resources to plant billions of trees. Komaza provides farmers with support across the forestry value chain, from seedlings to sawmills. With a dramatically lower-cost and more-scalable forestry model, our vision is to become Africa’s largest forestry company, growing an environmentally-sustainable wood supply and generating truly life-changing income for millions of farmers.
The Business Operations Fellow must always be answering the question, “How can I improve this system?”, “How can I fix this process?”, “What do we need to make this work?”. The fellow will always be on his/her toes, quick to find creative and cost effective solutions to a specific challenges.
This is a short term, 3 to 6 months role. A stipend to cater for your personal needs and accommodation will be provided.
As the Business Operations Fellow, a typical day might include:
- Building a financial model from scratch
- Visiting the field to follow a technical expert and document his/her every move then writing an SOP about it
- Planning the logistics operations for a field based project
- Creating a template for documenting project scope, timeline, budget and deliverable… then being asked to make it half as long and twice as easy to use
- Surfing the internet to see what resources already exist for a solution to a challenge, then taking it, scraping most of it and building it better
This opportunity might be for you, if
- You love building puzzles and solving riddles
- You love understanding an operational challenge and coming up with a sustainable solution
- You get bored doing the same thing day after day
- You love analyzing data in Excel and providing meaningful answers from the information
- You love producing high-quality polished work no matter the audience or context of the work
How to get this opportunity:
In order to land this awesome opportunity you will need to love helping and growing people. A Bachelor’s degree in any related field from a prestigious university will definitely be helpful. If you want to move to sunny Kilifi on the Kenyan coast, do something meaningful which will have huge impact on the local communities, are not afraid of a complex and tough job, and want to grow professionally and personally then please apply for this role.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Komaza Kenya career website on jobs.jobvite.com to apply