Organisation Caritas Switzerland is a non-governmental aid agency is and a member of Caritas Internationalis.
Caritas works worldwide and adheres to international humanitarian principles (NGO code of conduct).
Caritas encourages people to take charge of their own fate and does this by promoting local initiatives that sustainably improve the living conditions of the socially disadvantaged, advocating the conservation of natural resources, supporting civil conflict resolution and peace building, cooperating with local partners and strengthening their own commitments.
Reporting to WASH Officer
Duration 10 months
Location Marsabit County
Promotion Officer Job Responsibilities
- Lead community mobilisation process;
- Function as main liaison person between communities and Caritas Switzerland;
- Disseminate knowledge to community members;
- Participate in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all project activities;
- Support in sensitising local authorities and other stakeholders on the ground on project goals and objectives;
- Identify and register exact beneficiary households in operation areas;
- Prepare and submit monthly report on field activities.
Qualifications for the Promotion Officer Job
- Should be able to speak Samburu language fluently;
- Diploma in Community Development or Project Management;
- At least three years progressive experience in community development desirably among pastoralist communities;
- A thorough understanding of local cultures and pastoralist community dynamics;
- Good knowledge and experience in implementing WASH projects;
- Familiar with participatory methodology skills for engaging and mobilising local communities;
- A self-driven person who takes appropriate initiatives to responding to project issues;
- A team player, commanding respect with high sense of personal integrity;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Contract start January 2017
Method of Application
- Application If you feel you fit the required profile, please let us know how your qualifications, experience and career ambitions match the requirements of this position. Send your application latest by Thursday, 22nd December 2016 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ‘Hygiene and Sanitation Promotion Officer’ in the subject line.
- Please provide a Curriculum Vitae (CV) that contains details of your qualifications, experience, present position, and current remuneration, earliest date of availability, names and telephone contacts of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.