Administration Officer Job at African Wildlife Foundation
Posted on: 8 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at African Wildlife Foundation
The African Wildlife Foundation
, together with the people of Africa, works to ensure the wildlife and wild lands of Africa will endure forever.
The Administration Officer is responsible for the day to day office management duties which support efficient execution of AWF operations while adhering to statutory requirements. This position is responsible for executing logistics, ensuring a friendly and service-oriented approach to all site visitors, and providing essential services at the AWF Headquarters and supporting other country offices as required. The Administration Officer reports to the Director IT, Infrastructure and Administration.
Admin Job Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate program related events; work closely with other departments in the management of other organization based events such as staff program and donor meetings.
- Ensure the AWF Conservation Centre premises are kept clean, orderly and in good condition at all times.
- Ensure efficient management of staff logistics by assisting with Visa application, flights and local transport
- Assist in reviewing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for efficient office operations across AWF. SOPs will prescribe standards for reception safety, security and other administrative services necessary to facilitate program operations.
- Maintain all country-level registrations and MOUs within AWF. Ensure that all registration documents are scanned and housed in a central repository. Ensure registration requirements are adhered to and renewals/annual filings are completed timely.
- Ensure timely payment of bills
- Update and maintain a VAT database
- Establish master service contracts across regions and/or insurance types.
- Work with all departments to implement proper archival standards for AWF. Filing for all departments should be organized, accessible, and maintained in such a way that balances cost and space considerations.
- Assist front office when required
Qualifications for the Admin Job
- Higher Diploma Business Administration or related field or a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position (preferably in an international NGO set-up or busy working environment)
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of key administrative functions ranging from, procurement and cross border logistics
- Proactive nature of problem solving
- Familiarization in dealing with government departments, revenue authorities and immigration departments
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritization
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner / Fast adaptor with high level of flexibility
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision and a sense of urgency
- Excellent organizational aptitude and coordinating ability
- Ability to assess and react appropriately to changing circumstances
- Ability to pay attention to detail and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment
- Ability to proactively share information as needed
- Computer literacy – proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French preferred
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to apply through the link provided. Please send a cover letter and your detailed CV as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees with the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to African Wildlife Foundation career website on www.awf.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about African Wildlife FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Finance Assistant at Action Africa Help - International
- Career Opportunities at Adeso - 2 Positions
- Latest Job at Rainforest Alliance (RA)
- Programme Director at Trócaire Kenya
- Job Opening at SOS Children's Villages
- Consultant at UNICEF
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at International Foundation for Electoral Systems
- Support Consultant at Farm Africa