M-Lesson is a mobile assessment platform that helps parents to self-assess and understand the day to day performance of their children in class so as to be able make better educational decisions that are geared towards improving the learning outcomes of their children.
Many parents in Kenya and the sub Saharan Africa lack real time performance-based information on their child’s learning progress. For a small daily fee, M-Lesson now empowers parents to understand how well their child is meeting their educational needs.
Who is our potential candidate?
- Someone who is passionate about education, information access, and finding new ways to make people’s lives easier though education.
- Someone who is experienced in mapping lesson plans and writing exams for primary students in line with the 8-4-4 curriculum and based on what a child should have learned that particular day.
- Someone who is a confident independent worker, aspires to leadership, wants to make impact, and desires to produce excellent results.
- Someone who is detail-oriented and is consistently able to meet or beat timelines without being pushed or followed up.
- Someone who is self-motivated to learn, grow, go the extra mile to achieve success, and take on new responsibilities.
The potential candidate will be required to?
- Develop a series of multiple choice questions and answers that are in line with the 8-4-4 national curriculum’s daily lesson plans. The Master Teacher should be able to map which topics should be taught each day of the week in each class, and create a daily assessment question to test if a child has learned and understood that topic.
- Each subject will require 1 question per day for 6 days a week, for 13 weeks (4th January 2017 – 1st April 2017). This will amount to about 76 questions per subject per class.
- Follow the indicated question submission format to send in their questions, possible answers, and indicated correct answer.
- Meet weekly deadlines in submitting questions and answers. All content must be submitted before 28th February 2017.
- Master Teachers will be paid KSh. 9,120 for the content for each class subject, which amounts to KSh. 15 per multiple choice question. There will be a bonus for those Master Teachers who beat the timelines while 100% quality score.
- If a Master Teacher is competent in multiple subjects and classes, they are welcome to take on more than one subject and class as long as content is unique to each class and they are able to meet deadlines for submission. However, due to the stiff competition that we have seen in the past, a successful Mater Teacher will likely be awarded 1 subject based on his or her master level.
- If a Master Teacher performs well, we will have additional opportunities to share knowledge now, future opportunities for additional content generation (rate based on performance), and a full-time salaried Content Developer Position opening soon.
Method of Application
Candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter at the M-Lesson website
The cover letter should include answers to the following questions:
- Why are you motivated to increase educational opportunities for children in Kenya?
- What makes you unique and therefore the ideal candidate for this position?
- The work sample should demonstrate how you would write multiple choice questions for M-Lesson
- Product 3 multiple choice questions, as if for an exam in one subject and for one class level.
- Each question should include the question, 4 possible answers, and the correct answer highlighted.
Interested and qualified? Go to M-Lesson career website on www.m-lesson.com to apply