Declaration Officer Job at Aurum Consultants
Posted on: 9 December, 2016
Deadline: 16 December, 2016
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Aurum Consultants
is a full service consulting firm focused on addressing the consulting and educational needs of its clients. Aurum's consultants are among those rare people who can design, develop, and implement solutions that address business problems across many disciplines. We draw upon the talents of people who have designed and implemented a variety of business processes and systems to support all business functions, develop robust data repositories, implement tools to drive performance improve, develop sophisticated decision management analytics and introduce technology which best suits the specific business case.
Declaration Officer Job Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Tracking shipments, updating customers on arrival information and ensuring correct shipping documentation
- Undertake all declaration procedures for imports and exports
- Application of IDFs
- Advice the management on correct and most preferred course of action to overcome technicalities that may arise in declaration or clearing operations
- Bonds management and cancellation procedures
- Follow up correspondence between various statutory bodies and other parties including KRA, KBS, KPA, etc
- Obtain customs release for exports and truck border consignments
- Ensure correct use of Kenya Revenue Authority Tariffs
- Ensure that correct values are used during declaration and other related procedures to avoid losses that may accrue as a result of penalties.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with customs office
- Liaise with suppliers for timely shipments, follow up for documents to be received and goods cleared well in time to avoid late documentation charges, storage charges and demurrages.
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor within the scope of the position.
Key Result Areas
The accountability areas are as follows;
- Quality service
- Proper documentation
- Attention to detail
Declaration Officer Job Knowledge and Skills Required
- Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding
- A Minimum of 3 years experience in the same capacity
- Highly conversant with KRA Simba system
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders in the field.
- Good interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Flexible in work habits and schedules, ready to work for longer hours when required.
- Must have knowledge of government procedures relating to imports & amp; exports knowledge of customs laws pertaining to Kenya, east and central Africa.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
- Ability to generate and write reports
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org before COB 16th December 2016. Only qualified candidates should apply. If you don’t hear from us within 2 weeks after application consider yourself unsuccessful.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Aurum ConsultantsSimilar Jobs
- Epidemiologist at Avram Corporation
- Job Opportunities at Powerhive East Africa Ltd - Virtual HR
- Assistant Training Manager at Lan-x Africa
- Job Opportunities at Wisen HR Services
- Job Opportunities at Summit Recruitment and Search
- Digital Marketing & Sales Internships at Versed Professional Services
- Area Sales Manager at HRBP Solutions
- Account Manager at Janta Kenya