If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Michael Page has four decades of expertise in professional services recruitment. We were established in London in 1976, and over this period we've grown organically to become one of the best-known and most respected consultancies, with an office network spanning six continents.
Based in Nairobi, the Area Sales Manager will report to the Middle East and Africa Director and will be responsible for the sales performance, across all channels, of the East African Region.
Main Responsibilities Include
- Establishing and managing a strong dealer and distribution network
- Managing local customer and products portfolio in order to meet agreed sales, profit, pricing and distribution targets
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key clients and influencers
- Providing a high level of detail on business performance including sales, marketing, distribution and supply planning
- Collecting and analysing market data, and providing information on developments within the market
- Constantly seeking new opportunities to increase and extend the scope of business operations
- Achieving monthly and quarterly sales targets, and supporting accurate sales forecasting
- Recommending and implementing incentive programmes for the sales team
The Successful Applicant
The Area Sales Manager Will Possess
- A Bachelor or Master degree from a recognised university
- Proven experience in sales and distribution, preferably with consumer durables, building materials or related products
- Proven management experience
- A great understanding of the distribution landscape as well as route-to-market in this sector
- Strong entrepreneurial, commercial and communication skills
- A high proficiency in MS Office and Acrobat. Knowledge of SAP is a plus
You must proficient in English and the ability to speak a local language of the region will be advantageous.
You are willing and able to travel extensively (roughly 50% travel required).
What's on Offer
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Michael Page career website on www.linkedin.com to apply