The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti. It also runs regional specialist units that provide support and expertise to the ICRC’s delegations in East Africa, the Great Lakes region and the Horn of Africa.
Requirements for the Deputy Head of Maintenance Job
- University Degree in Engineering (civil, mechanical or engineering management);
- Three (3) years of experience in a position of Maintenance Responsible (or equivalent);
- Strong ability to anticipate, schedule, monitor and control tasks;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of different categories of Maintenance duties;
- Excellent command of English (verbal and written);
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and preferably with ERP.
Deputy Head of Maintenance Job Responsibilities
- Implement a template of expression of Maintenance request for ICRC offices,
- Ensure that the Maintenance requests are properly channeled to the Maintenance Department,
- Implement a template of Preventive Maintenance check-list for ICRC offices and residences,
- Prepare and communicate to the Head of Maintenance and Technicians/Helpers a weekly work plan.
- Ensure a day-to-day management of the Technicians/Helpers,
- Implement mechanisms of control of good completion of all tasks handled by Technicians/Helpers,
- Appraise the performance of the Technicians/Helpers and coach them.
- Develop procedures and guidelines for maintenance management
- Maintain a high level of communication/dialogue with the Head of Maintenance and the Technicians/Helpers,
- Prepare and communicate to the Head of Maintenance statistical analysis highlighting relevant indicators aiming to adapt the setup (human resources, level of stock of tools, materials and consumables, etc.)
Method of Application
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to; Human Resource Office on the address or e-mail below, before 23rd December, 2016. Please include; Detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees. (Indicate the position title on the subject line). Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. International Committee of the Red Cross, Nairobi Regional Delegation, Denis Pritt Road, P.O. Box 73226, Nairobi, 00200, Kenya: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org