Watervale Investments is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry. Backed by European and American investment, our mission is to make quality furniture more available and affordable to millions of Kenyans. We believe in being a fair and honest employer and providing our employees with opportunity based on performance and merit.
About the Position: As our company expands the range of products we manufacture, we are seeking a Production Officer to take the reins of our growing production operation.
This is a key management and leadership role which will oversee all critical production functions and advance them to the next level.
The ideal Production Officer will master manufacture and quality control processes as well as management of resources to efficiently and reliably deliver quality products.
They will also work closely with various teams to ensure timely delivery to our customers.
Deliver products to the logistics and distribution team on time
- Monitor production and adjust schedules to ensure our clients’ needs are met
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. distribution and logistics, management, administration)
- Set production targets and ensure they are met
- Ensure efficient management of raw material inventory and determine optimum stock and re-order levels
- Identify the resources needed in production and advise management.
Manage the production team
- Draw the work schedule for the production team
- Evaluate the performance of production staff
- Assist in the hiring and training of production staff
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are followed
- Implement quality-control programs
- Monitor product standards at various levels of production and at the point of release
- Troubleshoot on any quality issues that arise
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment and machines
- Conduct regular quality trainings for the production team
At Watervale Investments, we seek new team members who are first and foremost eager to learn and grow in their roles.
We put less of an emphasis on formal qualifications and look carefully at candidates’ abilities, experience and character.
Any candidate who feels they can undertake the responsibilities above to a high standard is welcome to apply.
Candidates should demonstrate the following in their application materials:
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to details and ability to deliver on assigned tasks with independence and little supervision
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers and colleagues. Candidates with at least 2 years management experience will have an advantage.
- Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
- Eagerness to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
Benefits: Competitive salary for entry level position, participation in a private pension scheme, opportunity for advancement and coaching by the company’s international directors
Method of Application
If you have any questions or problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org , however please note we cannot receive applications via this email address. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email or phone for an interview.