Career Opportunity at World Food Programme (WFP)
Posted on: 15 December, 2016
Deadline: 26 December, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at World Food Programme (WFP)
The World Food Programme is the food assistance branch of the United Nations and the world's largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
The HR Assistant is expected to perform a range of HR tasks to support the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy oriented HR Unit and will play a specific role as an integral part of the recruitment team.
Under the direct supervision of the HR Officer (Deputy) the HR Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks;
- Provide assistance to hiring managers on the selection and recruitment of staff, ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients;
- Answer queries and provide guidance on HR Somalia’s recruitment procedures and various established selection processes, techniques and check lists;
- Receive and review recruitment requests, verify that supporting documentations to initiate the recruitment process are in order;
- Draft Vacancy Announcements and advertise them through the agreed networks and WFP E-recruitment online system;
- Receive, analyse and screen candidate’s applications though the WFP Corporate E-recruitment system based on the pre-screening criteria and benchmarks provided by the hiring unit;
- Assist in coordination and organization of written tests and interviews both in Nairobi and Somalia;
- Prepare recruitment related reports including interview reports;
- Check and maintain with accuracy the Roster database and recruitment files;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Human Resources/or Administration is required.
- Experience: At least three years of progressively responsible support or secretarial work experience including at least two years in the field of human resources (ideally in Recruitment) or other related field.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of general HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience. Ability to monitor and record personnel files and documentation in an organised manner and in line with compliance standards. Familiarity with and experience on competency based interviews is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Food Programme (WFP) career website on career012.successfactors.eu to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about World Food Programme (WFP)Similar Jobs
- Marketing Specialist at Flexi-Personnel
- Job Vacancy at Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Job Vacancy at Concern Worldwide
- Internship at ACTED
- Procurement Assistant at UN World Food Programme WFP
- Software Developer at The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
- Interns at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) - 2 Positions
- Job Opening at International Potato Center