Graduate Assistant Accountant Job at World Wildlife Fund for Nature
Posted on: 15 December, 2016
Deadline: 19 December, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961, working in the field of the wilderness preservation, and the reduction of humanity's footprint on the environment. It was formerly named the World Wildlife Fund, which remains its official name in Canada and the United States.
Assistant Accountant Job Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Makes payments through Accounts Payable module in Oracle through the remittance process.
- Prepares the necessary payment vouchers and obtain the necessary authorizations per the Delegation of financial authority.
- Makes suppliers, service providers and consultants payments by cheques and through electronic banking as per the authorization, approval of Project Managers and in accordance with WWF’s financial management policy.
- Maintains a bank Monitoring report and ensure there are sufficient funds before payments are released.
- Ensure there is sufficient cash in the office and any cash received is properly recorded.
- Ensure safe custody of cash during working hours and safe key policy is observed.
- Ensure that cash limits approved are observed and continually review the need to revise limits set.
- Coordinates and facilitates the procurement requirements of the project office on the basis of the procurement policy guidelines.
- Creates purchase orders, ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentation is attached.
- Ensuring that invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and created and matching receipts to purchase orders
Qualifications & Competencies for the Assistant Accountant Job
- A University degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or related Finance field, or Professional CPA/ACCA Qualification at least the second level.
- One year of experience in financial/project administration & management within an international organization, multinational company or government service with a bias to contract preparation and administration, database management, multi-currency financial reporting and multiple donor liaison.
- Good working knowledge of ORACLE.
- Demonstrable skills in the development and implementation of finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems in the context of an International NGO.
- Hands-on knowledge of ORACLE accounting software would be a distinct advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email a cover letter and CV as one document with ‘Accounts Assistant’ on the subject line to the POD Manager, WWF-Kenya firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 19th December2016 Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Communications Specialist at DAI Kenya
- Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor at World Vision
- Child Survival and Nutrition Technical Advisor at Save the Children International
- Job Opportunity at Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) - 2 Positions
- Regional Managing Director at Nature Conservancy
- Coordinator at Tear Fund International
- Job Vacancies at Help a Child - 2 Positions
- Director of Finance at Busara Center for Behavioral Economics