The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN Headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. It supports programme implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Programme (UN HABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information technology services. (www.unon.org). This post is located in the Talent Management Centre (TMC), Human Resources Management Service (HRMS), Division of Administrative Services, UNON. Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief, TMC/HRMS, the incumbent is expected to perform a range of duties covering Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems mainstreaming/learning coordination, administration & logistical support for centrally coordinated programs, including Management Development Programme (MDP), performance management support, career support, Learning Management System (LMS) and other special projects.Within delegated authority and, with guidance from the Deputy Chief, Talent Management Centre, the Senior Staff Development Assistant will be responsible for a variety of duties as detailed below
1. Provide support towards the organization, administration, and evaluation of the new UN ERP system (Umoja) training programmes including coordination and IT -access support to users, Local Process Experts (LPEs), Local Process Expert Trainers (LPETs) and trainersÍ¾
2. Provide lead support in the organization and conduct of Centrally-coordinated training courses and workshops including Management Development Program (MDP) and medical-related trainings;
3. Assist in planning, organizing and maintaining training and development calendar for centrally coordinated programs;
4. Extract, customize, and analyze reports from various ERP, People Soft and Oracle based HR systems/tools – Umoja, HR Insight and Inspira – in relation to trainings and performance management compliances to help the Deputy Chief make decisions;
5. Create, clone and administer classes in Inspira including managing and enrolling of learners, providing certificates and managing of class rosters;
6. Compile and make available to staff, training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials related to staff career support and development mattersÍ¾
7. Assist the Talent Development Officer to provide advice and guidance to staff on a range of issues related to staff development including career support, performance management, flexible work arrangements, training and mobility.
8. Assist in the development of career development programs at the Career Resource Facility including providing up to date information on services and resources available, providing support to staff with access and use of resources and organizing/running (where appropriate) workshops for staff .
1.Assist the Talent Development Officer in partnering with Universities to provide online self-paced training programs for staff;
2.Provide guidance/training to less experienced staff of the Talent Management Centre;
3.Assist in the design and delivery of special projects in Talent Management Centre including outreach activities;
4.Participate in the Talent Management Centre reorganization and integration of Recruitment and Training units of HRMS.
High school diploma or equivalent. Candidates must have passed the United Nations Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) or the Global General Service Test GGST) at Headquarters or at Offices Away from Headquarters (OAHs). Knowledge of policies and regulations of the United Nations pertaining to administration, human resources, and staff development is an asset. Knowledge of ERP systems (Umoja), Oracle based learning management system (INSPIRA) and People Soft HR reporting tool (HR Insight) is highly desirable.
Ten years of progressively responsible experience in the area of administration, human resources or related field is required. Experience in learning management is highly desirable.
Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of French is highly desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates for this position may include a substantive assessment which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations career website on unjobs.org to apply