If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Programme Manager works with the Programme team to ensure strategic and good quality programmes are developed and delivered for positive impact on target beneficiaries.
They are responsible for development and implementation of a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning system, development of relevant standardized documentation for data collection.
The Programme Manager ensures the compliance of programmes in delivery and reporting to organisational and donor standards as well as supporting research and learning to feed into new project proposal development.
Programme Manager Job Key Responsibilities
Meal framework development
- Ensure appropriate systems, indicators and tools are in place to enable all programmes meet BGRRF strategy and donor requirements, for results monitoring, outcome and impact measurement.
- Work closely with the Programme Managers to ensure all programmes are delivered in line with the standards of BGRRF and donors.
- Develop data management system in order to provide accurate and timely data to facilitate effective oversight and organisational decision making for the SMT.
Manage independent and external evaluations – such as baseline and end-line surveys – including design,
- budgeting, data collection and analysis and report writing.
Research and collection of information for proposals
- Identify and clarify opportunities and needs; study requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Establish priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; coordinate requirements with contributors;
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Support the Programme Team to appropriately format and disseminate programme results and impact to programme stakeholders (including beneficiaries).
- Assemble information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; write, revise, and edit drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing and reporting standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Build and manage systems for sharing and learning across the organization.
- Develop a timeline for preparation review and submission of all reporting commitment, design a plan for ensuring reports are submitted to the appropriate standard by those deadlines,
- Work with programme Director and Programme Managers to ensure data collection and monitoring information is relevant for organisation and donor reporting standards
- Identify staff development needs in Monitoring, evaluation and data collection and analysis for different purposes and develop a support plan for improvement,
- Improve proposal-writing and reporting results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, and coordination, implement changes required.
- Build capacity and ensure understanding of staff and volunteers in correctly implementing MEL systems and utilise MEL data to inform programme implementation and development
Programme Strategy & Programme Development
- Support that general policies, standards and approaches are met in programmes,
- Ensuring quality checks of Projects, proposals & reports against organisational and donor standards,
- Support Implementation of Programme Cycle Management,
- Support establishing and maintaining of an appropriate system of M&E, compliance standards, and accountability to relevant stakeholders.
Reporting external and internal.
- Support internal and external reporting (on time and to organisational and donor standards)
Project Grant Management
- Support an effective system of Grant Management.
- Review grant spends with budget holders on a regular basis, ensure budgets are managed to organisational and donor standards.
- Support that proposals, budgets and reporting are to appropriate organisational and donor standards and are completed in a timely manner.
Safety and Security
- Support the implementation of organisational safety policy and country level SOPs.
- Support the country level Incident Management Team (IMT) in regularly reviewing of Critical Incident
- Response Plans and in cases of serious incidents.
- Support in updating safety levels and safety risk assessments.
Qualifications for the Programme Manager Job
- Graduate degree in a directly related field, such as operations research, programme management, monitoring and evaluation and significant work experience in a directly related field
- 5 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant professional experience; at least two years of working directly in M&E;
- Demonstrable experience of programming in diverse/multiple contexts.
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to M&E using both quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Understanding of donor expectations and trends for results and project impact.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods;
- High level of English-language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing) and matched with excellent analytic and computer skills;
- Experience with management information systems;
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team oriented environment;
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills and good understanding of working in a partnership framework
- Drive for change and improvements and ability to deliver strategies in a challenging environment.
go to method of application »
Operations Director Job Responsibilities
- Strategy and guideline development for relevant support departments – Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are documented, known and implemented across the organisation. Ensure guidelines are produced and in place for Finance, HR, Procurement, Logistics, and other administrative functions. Oversee their regular revision and updates regularly.
- Organisational structure & HR management- Ensure structures and human resources to deliver organisational strategy and plans are in place both in Nairobi and at field level. Line-manage and support other operation managers and ensure appropriate and effective performance management systems are in place in each of their teams. Ensure implementation of HR policies and procedures at all levels, Compliance checking of recruitment and performance management of staff, provide HR management support to the field as appropriate,
- Resourcing and donor management – Ensure appropriate fundraising strategy is in place to support strategic and annual plans and this is reviewed and implemented, Ensure effective donor management and communication system is in place. Establish grant management system ensuring reporting deadlines are communicated and managed.
- Financial management- Manage fiscal function and performance of the organisation, ensuring compliance to policies of risk management and that all risks are managed, Manage organisational finances and master budgets, monitoring income instalments, support donor and ensure internal audits are conducted and all recommendations are implemented.
- Logistics and procurement management – Ensure appropriate logistics and procurement systems are in place, manage procurement manager and Logistics officer to ensure timely, effective delivery of goods and services to support programme implementation, ensure compliance to organisation and donor policies and procedures.
- Safety and Security – Ensure systems and compliance standards are contextualised at field and country level, ensure that all programs are developed with security concerns in mind, ensure implementation of organisational safety policy and set country and field level SOP’s. Ensure Critical Incident response Plans are drafted and regularly reviewed. Formation of country level incident management team in cases of serious incidents. Ensure safety levels and safety risk assessments are up to date.
- Compliance & Risk management – Ensure up to date and comprehensive organisation risk management plan is in place which is reviewed regularly, ensure compliance to organisation and donor policies and procedures. Compliance: logistics, financial policies and procedures, reporting to donor and internal standards
Qualifications for the Operations Director Job
- Post graduate degree or equivalent, in Public Administration, Financial/Business management, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 7-years’ experience in team leadership/operations management roles with at least 5 years of experience in the field, a Finance Director position or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Strong operational management experience and capability (finance, people, fundraising), including geographically remote management
- Proven financial management, information management, and systems management experience
- Proven strategic design and management skills. Including good programme and human resource development ability
- Understanding of the countries in which BGRRF operates and sensitive to the socio cultural context
- Demonstrable strategic thinking and leadership ability
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking ability
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills. Well-developed ability to motivate and persuade at high levels
- Proven ability to lead and work effectively with others to achieve results
- Understanding and experience of institutional fundraising
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications with subject Programme Manager – BGRRF to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com by 4th January 2017