Drivers Job at Catholic Relief Services
Posted on: 16 December, 2016
Deadline: 9 January, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Catholic Relief
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Responsibilities for the Drivers Job
- Comply, observe the Kenyan Highway Code and organizations policies on driving at all times.
- Ensure all vehicle maintenance services are carried out in accordance with set service schedules and checklist duly signed and completed.
- Plan ahead to meet anticipated travel requirements. Fueling, pre-travel checks, travel docs, vehicle expenses, cross border docs and any other docs and persons traveling for packing instructions and timings.
- Ensure copies of daily mileage logs, pen and clipboard are readily available in all vehicles assigned to, promptly collect used sheets to avoid loss or defacing.
- Routinely check all assigned vehicles Licenses, Insurances and promptly advice the VMU Supervisor when renewals are due
- Carry out duties of staff transport when assigned and ensure highest quality, courteous, efficient services and safe driving for all occupants.
- Report immediately on route changes due to security, bad weather, road conditions or otherwise to the office and VMU Supervisor as the situations arises.
- Take delivery of sub-contracted works carried out on organizations vehicles, inspecting and certifying conformity with requirements and expectations and advising the VMU Supervisor accordingly.
- Being accountable for all spares, accessories etc. fitted in assigned vehicles during repairs at the workshop or field.
- Fill vehicle performance reports at the end of each long trip and strictly follow up with liquidations of cash advances with finance.
Drivers Job Qualifications
- Government Trade Test Grade 1 or Grade 2 with five years working experience in a similar position with a busy organization.
- Knowledge and skills in vehicle maintenance and repairs
- ‘O’ Level education
- Valid accident free driving license Class A, B, C, E with a minimum of four years long distance and off-road driving experience
Method of Application
Written applications indicating the reference number of position applied for and CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by Close of Business Monday January 9, 2017. Human Resources Manager Catholic Relief Services – Kenya Program E-mail: email@example.com Please indicate the Reference Number (Ref: 2016/59) on the ‘email subject. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Catholic Relief Services (CRS) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, CRS has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Catholic ReliefSimilar Jobs
- MIS Assistant at CAP Youth Empowerment Institute
- Research Associate at United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- Corporate Alliances Specialist (Child Rights and Business), P-3, ESARO at UNICEF
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at Mennonite Economic Development Associates
- Humanitarian Response Advisor at Tearfund
- Deputy Director at Church World Service
- Coordinator – Projects design and M&E at Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe
- Senior Director – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) at World Vision