CSS Support Analyst Job at Standard Chartered Bank
Posted on: 19 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank Kenya
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Standard Chartered Kenya, whose official name is Standard Chartered Bank Kenya
Limited, but is sometimes referred to as Stanchart Kenya, is a commercial bank in Kenya.
- To provide 1 st and 2 nd line support for all Standard Chartered users, to respond to faults and to requests for change, inc. purchase and delivery of new products and services. Ensure all problems are resolved and Remedy tickets updated in a timely fashion
- To plan, implement, subsequently maintain efficient, cost effective, production systems (Infrastructure and Applications) and services to local SCB businesses in line with the IT Technical Standards for Standard Chartered businesses.
- To apply knowledge of IT, Financial products and Best Market Practice to ensure that SCB achieve the best possible return for any investment made within the following arenas, networks, market information systems, services and communications.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To provide technical support for all Standard Chartered business products. Accountable for the implementation and ongoing verification of Security patch’s (OS and Virus) within SCB locations.
- To manage vendors including on site support engineers (OSV) who are responsible for the ongoing support of the Standard Chartered businesses to ensure a secure, stable and highly resilient environment.
- To create and present written and verbal proposals to IT and business resources to ensure all work-undertaken meets budgeted costs and Group Standards.
- To assist in new implementations or upgrades to existing systems, including project management, tracking and reporting. Ensure the solutions provided by the project teams are adhered to the standards & guidelines
- To assist in the provision of business recovery sites to give the ability to conduct business transactions and monitor exposure in the event of a disaster.
- Responsible for the enforcement of global strategies and standards in all Standard Chartered locations including ensuring risk / compliance and security / build standards are followed
- Risk management control, CSTs/ Optical, SIP initiatives and reporting, including Technical audit compliance, directly and indirectly.
- Problem and change (Scheduled change & Remedy) management – outstanding problemchange management, call logging, call trends, call reporting including high severity problem control. All Remedy related initiatives and updates. Ensuring standards are adhered to, or dispensations raised. Review the production implementation plan and ensure all areas are covered to avoid any production issues.
- Work closely with ITSC, OSV and CTS to provide technical support to local users and local systems
- Local hands and feet on the ground along side the OSV
- Security vulnerability management – MS & CVE patches, SVT outstanding issues, SAT completion/compliance, standard build usage
- Protectors of the local environment, including responsibility to ensure safe and tidy IT installations and cabling, local regulatory compliance, health and safety adherence etc
- Responsible for ensuring the system is running at its optimal capacity and no production issues due to lack of capacity
Qualifications and Skills
Technical – Must have
- Strong PC / Server application skills
- Strong knowledge of e-business systems and trading tools
- In depth knowledge of client server technologies
- Extensive exposure in Business services and the IT environments.
- Strong knowledge of FX and MM products
- Strong understanding of telecommunicationsnetworking
- Project Management skills
- Clear understanding of IT security policies
- Strong will to achieve business objectives
- Support Management
Technical – Nice to have
- Knowledge of a database product, (Oracle/SQL)
- Strong knowledge of market information systems and services
- Strong knowledge of Dealer Voice systems
- Unix Sys Admin 2 certified
- MS Exchange; SCCM; WSUS
Non Technical – Must have:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Service Management skills and techniques
- Ability to work effectively as part of global team
- Very good communications skills
- Completing tasks within deadlines
- Management of external (vendor) resources
- Ability to train operational staff in new procedures
- Strong troubleshooting/problem assessment skills
- Must be able to prioritise tasks
- Must be flexible in terms of tasks
- Must be able to work as part of a team (local & global)
Non Technical – Nice to Have
- Banking experience
- Quality & Process Improvements
- Stakeholder Management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Chartered Bank Kenya career website on cgportal.global.standardchartered.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Standard Chartered Bank KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Manpower Services
- Branch Managers at National Bank of Kenya
- Legal Collections Officer at Momentum Credit
- Job Opening at The World Bank Group (WBG)
- Job Vacancy at Standard Bank Group
- Relationship Manager at Citi Bank
- Sales Representative Internship at Odyssey Capital Limited
- Job Opportunities at Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) - 2 Positions