Head of Customer Research Job at M-KOPA Solar
Posted on: 20 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at M-Kopa Solar
M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers.
Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 400,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use instalment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for Ksh 50, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Head of Customer Research Job Duties
- Provide thorough understanding consumer behaviour and choice by helping M-KOPA understand how consumer behaviour and choice drives value. This involves review customer data for trends, patterns and casual analysis to assist in understanding customer’s activity.
- Generating consumer insights which inform the innovation and product development process, allow for alteration of various campaigns (sales, customer care) and build greater engagement and loyalty with our customer base.
- Contribute to brand, sales, marketing and product strategy formulation as well as supporting the development of key strategic initiatives for M-KOPA.
- Selecting the most appropriate research methodology and techniques as well as designing qualitative and quantitative research plans. Have the ability to develop techniques to provide analysis.
- Work with research team to scope and undertake research (ethnographic and focus group) which helps develop consumer insights and allows us to understand customer behaviour.
- Work effectively as part of the broader customer care, sales, marketing and strategy team.
- Provide insight and understanding which will improve the timeliness and quality of commercial decision making.
- Distil complex research or analysis into simple and compelling recommendations for management.
- Building a capable team that can undertake research and do analaysis.
Requirements for the Head of Customer Research Job
- A minimum of five years within customer/market research
- Experience with a wide array of product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Strong analytic skills with experience in statistical modelling and analysis
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and SPSS/SAS
- Bachelors or advanced degree in business, statistics, mathematics or the sciences
- Extensive project management experience with proven ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, adapt easily to changing situations and demonstrates flexibility in juggling priorities
- Ability to think differently and challenge convention if it creates greater customer value.
- Experience at working as a leader and collaborator in a team-oriented environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently. Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including management, customers, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Customer service skills and focus required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Tenacious, driven, energetic and a high degree of professional integrity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to M-Kopa Solar career website on www.fuzu.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about M-Kopa SolarSimilar Jobs
- Project Accountant (EPC) at PowerGen Renewable Energy
- Tool Keeper at Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Limited
- Global Risk Leader, EasyBuy at Greenlight Planet
- Business Development Representative at Takamoto Biogas
- Job Opportunities at Schneider Electric - 2 Positions