Specialist, Markets Practice Job at World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
Posted on: 21 December, 2016
Deadline: 10 January, 2017
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Keny
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961, working in the field of the wilderness preservation, and the reduction of humanity's footprint on the environment. It was formerly named the World Wildlife Fund, which remains its official name in Canada and the United States.
- To support the Markets Practice and Practice Leader with specialist content and thought leadership especially in the areas of global market dynamics and trade, driving sustainability and traceability along supply chains, promoting corporate stewardship (i.e. moving from individual corporate action to collective public-private action), and the role of consumer initiatives in driving sustainable change.
- To support the development of WWF’s markets strategy in consultation with other Practice leaders, especially to deliver against the priority conservation goals.
- To provide strategic guidance to support the Network on the most relevant strategic global corporate engagement targets, and provide technical input to assess and develop the most impactful corporate sectors and partnerships with a view to leveraging significant market change
- Support the analysis of global market and trade dynamics with the view to identifying key actors and strategic intervention points.
- Co-ordinate and direct Goal Practices and network action towards key actors and opportunities for change. Integrate efforts with Finance and Governance Practices.
- Lead and define strategies within a defined area of expertise (those areas mentioned above) in order to build a strong business case for action.
- Work with the Markets Practice Leader to identify « early win » signature initiatives that engage a broad coalition and demonstrate the next generation WWF Markets practice.
- Support and lead as needed signature initiatives defined by the Markets Practice in coordination with the WWF Network.
- Engage and influence key platforms, actors and processes within their technical sphere of expertise.
- Create signature platforms and alliances to drive change and work with other relevant parties to develop innovative approaches and tools.
- Provide thought leadership in developing sector and issue specific competence building on the current WWF work on in soft commodities, water and climate & energy.
- Assist the Practice in moving beyond certification to broader platforms and solutions.
- Maintain a strong co-ordination between the Global Partnerships Committee (GPC) and the Markets Practice.
- Support the development of an innovation pipeline and approaches that bring the innovation to scale through skills, networks and finance.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- 12+ years of work experience in business and sustainability
- Further experience in one or more of the following areas: Sustainable value chains and/or global sustainability standards and certification; Multi-stakeholder partnerships; Global market regulation and policy; Building consumer demand for sustainable products and services
- MBA or a post graduate degree in Economics, Marketing, Sustainable Development, or other related fields;
- Perfect command of the English language. Any other language/s an asset.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of global market & business dynamics
- Demonstrated experience in building large scale alliances, initiatives or platforms for change that leverage the capacity of partners.
- A network of external relationships that extends WWF’s current reach.
- Evidence of agile proactive thinking combined with an optimistic approach within a realistic framework.
- Self-starter, excellent communication and network skills, strong business acumen,
- Ability to interact with senior business leaders.
- Proven ability to deliver initiatives.
- Strong team player and internal organizational networker.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Method of Application
Upload your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Deadline for applications: 10 January 2017
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
Interested and qualified? Go to World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Kenya career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Job Oppotunities at Monsanto
- Accountant at Valentine Growers
- Animal Nutrition Sales Representative at Soy Afric
- Business Architect at Monsanto
- After Sales Specialist at SunCulture Kenya Ltd.