Deputy Chief Economist Ministry of Devolution and Planning Job at Public Service Commission
Posted on: 21 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK)
The Public Service Commission (PSC) of Kenya is an Independent government Commission established under the Constitution of Kenya to manage human resources in the Kenya Civil Service and the Local Authorities.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Served for a minimum period of fifteen (15) years, three of which should have been in the grade of Senior Economist/Statistician I, Job Group ‘N’ and above;
- A Bachelors degree in Economics, Statistics or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Masters degree in Economics or Statistics or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya; attended a Strategic Leadership Course in a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence, ability and integrity as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Managerial experience necessary for the effective management of staff.
Responsibilities for the Deputy Economist Job
- An officer at this level will assist the Chief Economist/Deputy Director of Statistics in the day-to-day administration of the Planning division or the Central Bureau of Statistics or a Central Planning and Project monitoring Division in a Ministry.
- General direction of the economic planning function and production of statistical data at national level;
- Preparation of National Development plans, strategies, policies and programmes;
- Monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes;
- Collation and presentation of statistical data in the form of survey reports and bulletins in Ministries; and
- Directing, controlling and coordinating the various planning or statistical activities of professional and supporting staff within the Planning Departments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK) career website on www.psckjobs.go.ke to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK)Similar Jobs
- Head of Clinical Trials at KEMRI-Wellcome Trust
- Job Opportunities at Kenya Defence Forces - 20 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Rural Electrification Authority - 7 Positions
- Project Expert - Animal Production, Natural Resources Management and Resilience at African Union
- Job Opportunities at Konza Technopolis Development Authority - 3 Positions