Gebeya means market in Amharic and our mission is indeed to provide an online workplace for top IT talent to showcase and contribute their experience and skills to software projects. For businesses, Gebeya offers unique access to a pool of talent unmatched on any other platform that will help them get their project built right and on budget
For IT professionals, Gebeya allows them to target their skills and expertise to the businesses that need them while getting compensated at top market rates. Finally to the untrained coding enthusiast, Gebeya opens the door to the world of professional programming through a unique world class training academy where hands on is the philosophy.
Duties and responsibilities
As one of the point of contact for our clients, trainees, partners, property managers and vendors, you should have the competence, leadership skills and independence to run an operating business on your own. Your attention to detail will be highly tested and commended. Beyond this you will:
● Assist with setup and breakdown of temporary and extended occupancy of space used by staff.
● Escort and review contractor work to ensure proper completion of projects.
● Facilitate travel-scheduling needs relevant to the business operations of Employer.
● Coordinate client/student onsite visits.
● Develop and update operating manual and procedures for company.
● Assist marketing team with event planning & coordination of promotional events.
● Assist with scheduling, coordination and management of company trainees.
● Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
● Assist the Director of Operations with overall company operations.
This position involves managing a service-based, outsourcing and training business where client-experience is the top priority. The operations assistant will be involved in networking, event planning as well as all operations of the training facility. You are a businessperson with design flair and an obsessive need to organize and improve. You are energized by human contact and conversation, and have a religious fervor to promote African talent.
● You will be a highly self-managed person and excited to work in a collaborative environment.
● You will have good organizational skills and be able to see what needs to get done and make it happen without the need for daily guidance.
● You will also have excellent communication skills, to interface with trainees and clients.
● Ability to work with senior decision makers at large organizations as well as taking care of the ‘day to day’ minutiae of managing an office
● A natural conversational style, intellectual versatility, modesty, and guts.
● Must be entrepreneurial and self-propelled by restless curiosity, but respectful of their surrounding and calculated in their efforts to understand an industry still defining itself.
● Undergraduate degree
● 2-3+ years experience in a diverse and intense operations centered role
● In depth knowledge of the corporate, SME and innovation ecosystem
Send in your application to email@example.com