Project Administrator Job at PATH
Posted on: 27 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at PATH
PATH is the leader in global health innovation. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Review and approve requests for workshops and advances to support activity implementation
- Working with office of grants and contracts in the issuance of subordinate agreements, review and editing of donor reports, tracking sub agreement deliverables, comparing results against stated project objectives and tracking partner budgets.
- Act as the custodian for organizational policies and procedures by ensuring staff compliance at all times
- Analyze project expenses, pipeline and burn-rate, including sub-recipient financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis; review project expenses with Senior PADM and FAM on a monthly basis
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to projects and partner organizations to ensure consistent, effective, and efficient compliance with project financial requirements
- Assist in the preparation and execution of contract mechanisms, including purchase orders, consultants, sub contracts and work orders.
- Providing administrative support to specific programs in monitoring of project activities.
- Assisting in preparing and monitoring annual and project budgets.
- Tracking contracts and grant agreements and ensuring compliance with spelt out agreement policies & procedures.
- Providing programs with monthly expense reports, labor reports and other project financial monitoring tools and making spending adjustments (re-classes) as required.
- Assist in building appropriate operational and financial systems to effectively receive, expend and account for donor funds.
- Timely review and processing of travel and workshop expenses.
- Regular review of program-wide adherence to identified compliance issues (including financial and narrative reporting) intervening where necessary.
- Ensure that procurement by projects is carried out in accordance with donor and PATH requirements.
- Assist in preparation and follow up of VAT and Tax exemption on a case by case basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting or related field, MBA preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant with at least five years’ experience in financial management.
- Experience in Budget monitoring and management will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical, financial management and budgeting skills.
- Ability to coordinate project work involving team members at junior and senior levels across the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID and other international donor requirements as well as experience managing contracts, agreements and sub-agreements.
- Ability to learn, adopt and champion new business systems and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Word and SharePoint, as well as the ability to learn other software tools readily and implement them successfully.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- A high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to identify business needs, gather and analyze information.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PATH career website on path.silkroad.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PATHSimilar Jobs
- TVET Advisor at GIZ
- Senior Operations Assistant at PATH
- Program Director at Mercy Corps
- ICT Internship Opportunity at UNDP
- WASH Specialist at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager at Mercy Corps
- Career Opportunities at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Project Officer, Resource of Open Minds (R.O.O.M) at Hivos People