If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
SNV supports people to access and develop the capabilities, services and opportunities needed to live a healthy, productive and otherwise fulfilling life, while sustainably using the natural resources they depend on. SNV does not offer funding but specialises in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors. SNV works with governments, local development partners, businesses, knowledge institutes and low-income communities to transform ideas into policy, policy into action, and action into results. In 2015, SNV improved the lives of over 8.2 million people. SNV uses its technical knowledge, 50 plus years of experience, passionate staff, extensive local presence and global footprint to make a lasting difference in people’s lives. Our Agriculture sector focuses on Sustainable Markets, Food and Nutrition Security and Climate Change. As a Managing Director Agriculture you will be tasked to lead our global initiatives in the Agriculture sector.
Position description and responsibilities
As a member of the SNV Managing Board, the Managing Director Agriculture is jointly responsible for SNV’s corporate strategy and direction. The MD is specifically responsible for:
- Developing and implementing an innovative and ambitious Agriculture strategy with a clear focus on evidence-based advocacy, advisory work, and scaling up of operations.
- Overseeing quality of implementation (time, budget and deliverables) of Agriculture programmes.
- Resource mobilisation and relationship management with main donors and partners, including securing funding at a global (multi-country) level for Agriculture.
- Positioning SNV as a global player in the Agriculture sector in the international development arena.
- Ensuring outstanding results and a high level of quality in our Agriculture programmes.
- Overseeing the performance and composition of our global staff and the development of their potential.
- Monitoring and steering the financial performance of the Agriculture sector.
In addition to sector steering, the Managing Director Agriculture will oversee SNV’s work within a number of countries. Key responsibilities will include, amongst others:
- Supervising country directors and country operations for a cluster of countries.
- Ensuring coherence between sectors and cross-cutting themes and approaches.
Qualifications and selection criteria
- Passion for SNV’s mission to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
- Excellent knowledge of current thinking in Agriculture.
- Significant experience and proven track record of developing and executing Agriculture initiatives in a competitive context.
- Strong network and visibility with main donors and partners relevant to SNV and the Agriculture sector, with entrepreneurial skills including a proven track record in mobilizing financial resources.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in multidisciplinary senior management positions
- Exemplary leadership skills and extensive experience in creating and leading high performance teams.
- High level of integrity and credible player in development.
- Extremely effective communicator across a range of audiences; strong presentation skills.
- Fluent in English (fluency or working knowledge in French a plus).
A solid compensation package between EUR 110.000 and EUR 120.000 annually. 30 annual paid leave days, flexible holiday plan, pension scheme and expat benefits including housing, international health insurance and international schooling.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SNV Netherlands Development Organisation career website on snv.devhire.devex.com to apply