Research Assistant Job at CIAT
Posted on: 3 January, 2017
Deadline: 10 January, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at CIAT
CIAT is a CGIAR Research Center.
CGIAR is a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services. Its research is carried out by 15 CGIAR Centers in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations, and the private sector.
- Advice projects on the choice and use of mobile technology.
- Converting questionnaires into xlsforms and further into xml for upload in the android devices.
- Designing standard workflows for mobile collected data.
- Reviewing data management plans of proposals (or existing projects).
- Training of staff about ODK (or similar platform) and designing questionnaires.
- Integrating new developments/software modules into the workflows.
- Frequently updating on new developments in the market.
- Managing the ODK server (or similar platform).
- Preparing devices with software (if not done by ICT).
- Participating in data management planning workshops of projects.
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in a similar position.
- Proven expertise in database design (MySQL) and/or data modeling.
- Demonstrated experience in administering an ODK aggregate server, or similar platform
- for collecting survey data through mobile applications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Project data management experience.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Terms of employment:
- The position is nationally recruited, will be based at IITA Offices in Nairobi, Kenya.
- The contract will be for two (2) years period, subject to a probation period of three (3) months, renewable depending on performance and availability of resources
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CIAT career website on recruit.zohopublic.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CIATSimilar Jobs
- IM Assistant at United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- Career Opportunities at Terre des hommes Foundation
- Logistic Officer at Center for Victims of Torture
- Legal Admin Assistant at One Acre Fund
- Grants Manager at Conservation International
- Finance Assistant at The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- Budget & Finance Officer at World Health Organization
- Maisha Production Officer at Heshima Kenya