If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
UPR Info is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation (NGO). It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with two regional offices in Bangkok, Thailand (Asia region) and in Nairobi, Kenya (Africa region). The organisation’s main goal is to ensure that all stakeholders can seize the opportunity of the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) mechanism for the realisation of human rights on the ground. UPR Info’s objectives are: (1) to raise awareness by providing capacity-building tools to the different actors of the UPR process, such as United Nations (UN) Member States, NGOs, National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs), and civil society, and (2) to support inclusive and effective participation of relevant stakeholders between and throughout UPR cycles.
- Implement programme and project activities;
- Manage the daily work and administration required for the project;
- Contribute to the implementation of UPR Info's strategy;
- Conduct high-level meetings with senior government officials;
- Undertake fundraising activities.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented;
- Pro-active person, self-motivated, positive attitude, strategic thinking and multi-tasking ability;
- Curiosity and capacity to contribute to the development of the NGO; it is expected that the candidate will be able to go beyond the scope of her/his assignment;
- Ability to work flexibly, under tight timelines and on multiple agendas simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimum supervision;
- Good communication and public presentation skills;
- Excellent organisational and strong interpersonal skills;
- Good computer and internet skills, especially Excel. Further information available on our website.
Method of Application
Please send your CV (2 page maximum) and cover letter (1 page maximum) which MUST include expected salary by Thursday, 5th January, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: APPLICATION FOR PROGRAMME OFFICER POSITION