Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation, headquartered in Redwood City, California.
The Oracle Key Account Director owns overall leadership for an Oracle Key Account (one of Oracle’s top revenue producing and market leading accounts), across all products, services and support, on a worldwide basis. The Key Account Director (KAD) is the day-to-day senior Oracle executive responsible for success at the Key Account. The KAD is chartered to develop and drive execution of a multi-year KA strategy. The KAD is also responsible for worldwide communication inside the Oracle global organization as well as all organizations within the Key Account. The KAD must develop deep customer and industry knowledge and then influence the Key Account through developing credible & relevant messaging and deliver it through broad executive relationships to align Oracle as a strategic partner that enables key customer initiatives and transformations, increases customer satisfaction, and grows Oracle revenues.
The KAD is Oracle’s primary leader and sponsor for the customer within the Banking/Financial Services industry, responsible for overall account growth and customer satisfaction by managing key relationships and ensuring the customer achieves value from Oracle solutions. Key responsibilities include leading developing & owning the account strategy, aligning and managing the sales team, driving effective account management processes, tracking and communicating progress, and growing Oracle’s revenues across the full breadth of Oracle products/ solutions for the Key Account.
Key objectives of this job include:
· Grow Oracle’s mindshare, cross-pillar revenue, and share of wallet with the Key Account in Banking/Financial Services industry.
· Understand the Key Account business requirements and develop "tailored" Oracle solutions.
· Introduce the Key Account to Oracle solutions & products that match known and potential business needs.
· Successfully establish the Key Account as a positive Reference Account.
· Demonstrate measurable progress towards an “Oracle First” relationship.
· Develop and maintain the multi-year strategic account plan for the Key Account to meet or exceed customer objectives and Oracle sales goals. Revise the account strategy and plan to ensure they fit the continuously changing key account needs and priorities.
· Direct the Oracle team around execution of the strategy and plan by co-ordination and leadership of activities across the different pillars and other organizations and partners.
· Influence and lead strategic planning efforts within sales, product, consulting, and support pillars to ensure Key Account requirements are represented.
· Manage the interface between the Key Account and Oracle personnel (including all sales, product specialists, consulting, support, channels and corporate functions) to ensure an effective alignment model and communications, and reporting cadence.
- Articulates both Oracle and Key Account value proposition to C-level management within both Oracle and the Key Account.
- Gain agreement with Customer around key work streams aligned with their key business transformations and imperatives
- Create a quarterly business review cadence with KA Sponsors to track our progress on aligned focus areas / work streams and other interactions.
- Maintain regular communications with the worldwide core sales team and extended worldwide account team across all relevant Oracle pillars and divisions, through regular team calls and online collaboration.
- Facilitate regular progress meetings with key customer executives and sponsors to validate our progress and plans.
- Obtain input and participation from the assigned Oracle Executive Sponsor(s) for the key account on a regular, scheduled basis.
- Owns escalation issues for the Key Account on a worldwide basis and drives those escalations to closure while creating a high level of customer satisfaction for the Key Account and a win-win environment for the Oracle resources involved in the day-to-day operation of the Key Account.
- Develop and execute an interaction plan to address the executive suite, line of business organizations and IT, leveraging all Oracle resources and subject matter experts, executives, and thought-leaders as needed to provide value to the customer.
- Build relationships with the customer's executive team, earning a reputation as one of the Customer's trusted business advisors.
- Demonstrate a high level of business acumen and thorough understanding of the customer's business, organization, strategy and financial position.
- Demonstrate value- and trust-based selling skills with a deep understanding of the customer's needs and Oracle’s capabilities.
- Navigate Oracle to identify, acquire and coordinate a team of critical resources needed to address customer needs.
- Integrate Oracle in front of the customer providing a “one face, one Oracle” strategy for the customer.
- Understand Oracle’s strategies and how these translate into solutions that address customer needs.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the customer's industry, including trends, business processes, financial measurements and performance indicators, and key competitors.
- Manage and develop a team of sales representatives.
- Sell and promote the sale of Oracle products including contract negotiation.
- Drive strategic and tactical planning for the account.
- Generate and achieve accurate monthly forecasts.
- Conduct weekly progress meetings with the key account sales team.
- Ability to lead and influence across a geographically dispersed team without having a direct reporting line.
- Ability to lead and influence C-level executives of Oracle Key Accounts.
- Attention to Detail
- Follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data.
- Concentrate on routine work details and organize and maintain a system of records.
- Business Acumen
- Sufficient business acumen to establish authority, gain confidence, and build trust through a significant understanding of the Key Account’s business strategies and industry trends, when positioning Oracle’s organization and capabilities.
- Communication skills
- Able to clearly express complex ideas, both in writing and verbally, to any audience.
- Demonstrates an ability to anticipate, and respond to, reactions, attitudes, views and feelings of individuals and groups.
- Adapts presentations to the audience.
- Conflict Management
- Able to use a win-win approach to resolve controversy.
- Able to be consistently objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations.
- Able to maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting sound judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Able to review facts, weigh option, and use logic when dealing with emotional topics.
- Influence and Persuasion
- Able to convince others in both positive and negative circumstances.
- Able to express ideas and options with tact.
- Comfortable expressing new ideas to authority figures.
- Able to maintain confidences.
- Fosters an ethical work environment.
- Prevents and curtails inappropriate behavior by coworkers.
- Give proper credit to others.
- Handles all situations honestly.
- Able to share due credit with coworkers.
- Displays enthusiasm and promotes a friendly group working environment.
- Works closely with other departments as necessary
- Supports group decisions and solicits opinions from coworkers.
- Able to obtain agreement from multiple parties.
- Understands the decisions process and stakeholders and can drive process forwards
- Able to earn trust while working out a deal.
- Uses good timing and carefully calculated strategies when bargaining.
- Communicates the high value of services.
- Identifies hidden agendas that might interfere with resolution of terms.
- Planning, Prioritizing & Goal Setting
- Able to prepare for emerging customer needs.
- Able manage multiple projects concurrently
- Global Citizen
- Working knowledge of other world regions, cultures, languages, economies, business practices.
- Relationship Management
- Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings.
- Able to build and maintain long-term associations based on trust.
- Develops and maintains significant high-level customer executive relationships.
- 10+ years selling and account relationship management experience with major/key Banking /Financial services accounts in Kenya.
- 10+ years selling hardware and/or software.
- History and track record of achievement of revenue objectives.
- Track record of business/account plan development and execution.
- Cross-LOB team management experience - international team management is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in business or a relevant field. Masters degree is a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Oracle career website on www.linkedin.com to apply