Teacher Training Officer at Bridge International Academies
Posted on: 5 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Education / Teaching / Information
View All Jobs at Bridge International
Academies is the world’s largest education innovation company serving the 700 million families who live on less than $2 USD per day. We strive to provide the highest quality education product to the more than 100,000 students who attend Bridge’s more than 400 nursery and primary schools across emerging markets in Africa and (soon to open) in Asia The first Bridge International Academy opened in the Mukuru slum in Nairobi, Kenya in 2009. Today there are hundreds and Bridge continues to expand across Africa and Asia. With a mission of Knowledge for all, Bridge plans to educate 10,000,000 children across a dozen countries by 2025.
Do you believe that every child deserves the same quality of education no matter where they live, or who their parents are? Do you think that we need innovation in education? Do you want to challenge the status quo? Then join us!
Bridge is now the largest education organization in Africa and one of the fastest growing social enterprises in the world. We are looking for passionate, dedicated and energetic people to join our rapidly growing organization. If you believe in our mission and are looking for a fast-past, always changing working environment with room to grow and learn, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do
- Assists the training manager with associates pre- training to ensure they are up to speed before the training either by facilitating sessions or doing academy visits
- Communicate to the associates on the super training, admission and the actual training dates so that they can be ready for the training
- Assists the manager in onboarding any new associates in preparation for the training.
- Ensure that the associates are all set up on time in their stations and ready to receive the trainees
- Checking on the trainee numbers to check up that they tally with the expected
- Ensuring that the trainees are settled in and ready for the training
- Assist in supervising, mentoring and coaching associates
- Ensure that the assessments are marked and the scores are recorded
- Ensure that the trainees do the daily quizzes and the end of training surveys
- Observing new sessions and evaluating their feedback
- Ensure that other departments such as admin and IT provide the necessary support by providing the materials/services needed to make the training a success
- Planning field tasks for the associates together with the Training Manager and coordinating their travel
- Helping the HR team in managing the leave for the team by keeping records
- Assisting other departments where the need arises
- Other duties as assigned by the Training Manager
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind– You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver– Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate– Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Bridge International career website on jobs.jobvite.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Bridge InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at The Kenya School of Government - 7 Positions
- Career Opportunities at Maasai Mara University - 4 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Railway Training Institute
- Global Marketing Data Manager at Nova Pioneer
- Senior Business Development Manager at African Management Initiative (AMI)
- Main Lesson Teacher at Nairobi Waldorf School
- EMCAST Science Teacher at Tinker Education
- Career Opportunities at The Multimedia University of Kenya - 19 Positions