Kwesé is bringing Africa together through world-class entertainment. Along with established favourites, Kwesé is unleashing new, exclusive, first-to- Africa channels and shows - from drama and comedy to soaps, telenovelas, reality and talk.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Identify and implement programming opportunities that will enhance the content and appeal of the Kwese Sports Channels
KEY RESULT AREAS OF THIS ROLE
- Representing Kwese Sports to rights holders and leading the company’s acquisition efforts within Kenya.
- Creating concepts for successful in-house programming
- Identifying and acquiring rights to Kenyan sports events
- Where possible and appropriate, creating original events in which Kwese holds the equity.
- Overseeing the scheduling of the channels including the integration of promotions, interstitials and advertising.
- Assisting the GM in presenting sponsorship opportunities to agencies and companies
- Working closely with Marketing to ensure a unified marketing of the channels across all promotional platforms.
- Overseeing the creation and scheduling of channel promos.
- Work closely with the legal team for contracts reviews, contracts drafting and content proposals.
- Approve payments to suppliers in accordance with contracts and relevant payment schedules.
- Programming content for Kenya
- Programming schedule for Kenya
- Production houses
- Right’s holders
- In-country colleagues
POST SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies preferable
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Must have a comprehensive knowledge of:-
- The sports rights commercial world,
- The television industry,
- Kenyan consumers,
- The development of digital distribution and the exploitation of social media;
- Have good relationships with key right’s holders
- Strong, effective communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Negotiation skills
Method of Application
Please send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org please put the title of the vacancy and the name of the country i.e. Kenya or Rwanda in the subject line of the email For the Rwandan vacancy applicants must be Rwandan citizens.