Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya - incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 - and all KCB's regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group's capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group's operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
- Drive Treasury revenue through working closely with the Corporate, Institutional & Investment Banking Divisions to coordinate Foreign Exchange Solutions
- To actively market defined products offering i.e. Spot Fx, Forwards and Swaps to Corporate and Institutional clients.
- Drive Segmented Sales &provide custom made solutions to specific clients §ors.
- Telephone and physical customer calls to enable sales stimulation.
- Organize and plan both prospective and courtesy calls to manage relationships.
- Manage and ensure booking of forex transactions through the Bank’s core banking system.
- To coordinate with other internal departments like Treasury back offices, Market Risk department, reconciliation on Forex issues.
- Monitor trends and actively identify potential areas of revenue growth.
- Relay any important information/news to relevant parties promptly to manage risk and maximize gains.
- To maintain a high standard of customer service in order to increase Bank’s market shares vis-à-vis existing customers and enlarging the customer base.
- Ensure compliance to internal and statutory requirements.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Business related field.
- Certified Foreign Exchange and Money Market Dealer (ACI).
- Master’s Degree in Business related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 6 years proven working experience in a large dealing room/ Treasury Function; 2 years of which must be in middle management level.
- Comprehensive understanding of the forex business market, the corporate and Institutional sector and working knowledge of the Funds Transfers channels of a bank.
- Thorough understanding of local and global market regulations applicable to foreign exchange.
- Good understanding of various limits that apply to FX Trading and knowledge of risk management and its application to financial markets.
- Knowledge of the end-to-end processes of Treasury products and services
- Should have excellent high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network and strong business relations.
- Should be innovative in identifying develop and harnessing new and existing opportunities for hedging/trading to maximize business revenue.
- Analytical skills and excellent flair for numbers.
The above position is a demanding role which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
Method of Application
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com
To be considered your application must be received by 20th January, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.