The Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965. This status was retained up to and until June 27th 2008 when the Bank's Special General Meeting resolved to incorporate under the Companies Act with a view to complying with the requirements for listing on the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE)
Are you sales driven and passionate about business development?
If yes, The Co-operative Bank of Kenya “The Kingdom Bank” is the ideal place for you, here, you will find growth opportunities at every step of your career.
Reporting to the Head – Sacco Banking, the role holder will proactively manage Co-operative customers and grow business volumes by driving the Sacco Banking Proposition at the Eastern Region.
The Role holder will carry out deposit mobilization and also develop and oversee the execution of strategic account plans aimed at growing profitability through cross-selling the full range of Bank’s products and services.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategic initiatives for marketing and selling Bank products to Co-operative customers with a focus on growing business volumes, customer base growth, quality credit volumes and income.
- Develop and implement initiatives for maintaining strong relationships with existing customers as well as develop new relationships that will add to the Portfolio of customers and raise profitability. Offer advice to customers on best business practices as well as implement client account plans in order to optimize returns from each client.
- Develop and maintain regular structured customer contact through visits, follow-up and ensure action on issues derived from customer visits, ensure prompt resolution to all other customer issues/ complaints/ queries raised as well as attend [and participate where necessary] in customer Education Days and Annual General Meetings.
- Effectively and proactively manage the cost of funds by mobilizing deposits from Co-operatives customers as well as developing and implementing initiatives that bring down the cost of doing business within the department.
- Spearhead the development of products, solutions and services that are tailored to meet Co-operatives customer needs and requirements.
- Ensure quality credit appraisals that result in disbursements and ensure compliance to credit procedures and processes as well as all other business guidelines.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field with at least 3 years’ experience in credit/relationship management role with in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Co-operative movement.
- Must have worked in a team oriented environment and with good relationship management and business development skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills as well as excellent communication with the ability to set and meet stretch targets and deadlines.
- Result driven with a track record of demonstrable networking, selling and influencing skills as well as ability to identify new opportunities.
- Demonstrate solid awareness in operational risk and quality while driving service excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build long term, high quality and trusted relationships.
Method of Application
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number RM/CBD/2017 by 18th January, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer