Head of BU Finance in Kenya. Will also be responsible for financial control for Uganda and Tanzania operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Financial Controller for the business
a. Overall responsibility of the Finance function (review financial statements, monthly MIS, Group reporting) and audits (internal, statutory).
b. Financial evaluation of projects and post implementation review of the projects
c. Monitoring and evaluating business processes; suggesting and implementing changes to bring in control, efficiency and effectiveness.
d. Involvement in operational functioning pertaining to procurement negotiations and cost savings.
e. Review the work of the finance manager / second line if any and ensuring the procedures are being adhered.
2. Strategic, Financial Control / Budgeting
a. Maintain repository of data and information to support business processes
b. Overseeing the implementation/maintenance of ERP system.
c. Drafting capital expenditure plans and investments in line with business strategy
3. Planning & Budgeting
a. Preparing Annual Business Plans (ABP) for the unit
b. Anchor the annual budgeting exercise and ensure that the businesses have a rational assumption basis for the budget
c. Responsible for maintaining and reporting P & L for the unit on a monthly basis
d. Preparing Rolling Estimates for remaining year for all regions and reporting the same to HO.
e. Responsible for preparing brand contributions, day sales inventory calculation
f. Monthly Management reporting with detailed analysis of sales & profit along with comparison with prior Rolling Estimate, Annual Business Plan & Previous Year
4. Accounting & Statutory Compliances
a. Timely preparation of annual/monthly reports ensuring analysis of the performances on a monthly basis.
b. Ensure compliance of all applicable statutory and legal requirements for the assigned geography
c. Responsible for planning and managing internal/statutory/tax audits
d. Periodic compilation of a comprehensive checklist for audit and risk management
e. Contribute to better corporate governance by identifying internal control weakness and implementing better controls.
**Knowledge of SAP/ERP Accounting Systems will be desirable
• This will be a challenging ‘Group Expatriate Assignment’ – for career driven professionals to gain hands-on international exposure in a high-growth market
• Appropriate support on key benefits (like housing, conveyance, schooling, medical, home passage etc) will be provided for Group Expats
• There will be promising opportunities provided for Group expats to take up postings further in other geographies or in home location (India)
Interested and qualified? Go to HeadHonchos career website on www.headhonchos.com to apply