Samasource is a social enterprise that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty. We build technology that helps leverage the brain-power of the poor so they can lift themselves out of poverty by providing valuable services to companies around the world. We are a dynamic and growing team with a big vision--to reduce worldwide poverty and its effects through technology. We need the best people to help us achieve it. We like to move fast and get things done. If you join us, you’ll be able to make an immediate impact, connect with some of the brightest people in the fields of social enterprise, impact sourcing, and tech. Samasource is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including eBay, Google, Cisco, and the Rockefeller and Ford Foundations.
Samasource is looking for an Associate to join our Professional Services Team. The Field Operations Associate will support Samasource by working directly with our Partner Delivery Centers on the ground in East Africa. Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Field Operations Associate will provide a critical interface between Samasource Professional Services management teams and Partner Delivery Centers, and act as an in-region representative of our organization and mission. This position offers a rare opportunity to develop and integrate our organization’s mission and learn about scaling a successful social business model, managing partner relationships, and developing a startup social enterprise first-hand.
Your role will be to assist the International Alliances Manager with the following responsibilities as assigned:
- Serve as a point-of-contact for Delivery Center partners.
- Conduct on-site and remote training for Delivery Center staff on project related BPO operational processes to ensure project success.
- Document and improve Delivery Center project related operational processes.
- Engage with the Delivery Centers:
- Collect day-to-day feedback, concerns, risks
- Communicate any important update (general or project related)
- Maintain accurate records regarding DC (worker count, worker background, ratios, attrition, etc)
- Provide operational and logistical support to Samasource Professional Services team and management from field.
- Conduct research on current ICT trends in developing economies
- Support internal reporting of our Field Operations data, present progress and findings
- Leverage insights from your analyses to drive our business model as we scale
- Support Samasource field operations initiatives
- Work closely with the Impact team and Professional Services team to continuously improve general framework for Samasource’s global field management program
- BA/BSc preferred
- BPO, or startup experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently problem-solve, research issues and conduct preliminary analysis to help inform decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies, software and technical tools
- Must be comfortable working independently in the field and provide leadership to the Delivery Center owners and workers to improve their results and processes
- Ease in working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment with reliable execution, timelines and strong communication skills
- Proven ability to efficiently problem-solve, research issues and conduct preliminary analysis to help inform Project decisions
- Commitment to Samasource’s mission.
- Spend around 75% of the time at the DCs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, etc.), familiarity with social media and online tools preferred
- High level of energy and proven ability to do what it takes to get things done
- High level of integrity
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Samasource career website on samasource.theresumator.com to apply