Training and Culture Facilitator Job at Bridge International Academies
Posted on: 11 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Education / Teaching / Information
View All Jobs at Bridge International
Bridge International Academies is an education innovation organization that designs technology-enabled, national-syllabus aligned primary and nursery school content to empower communities to give children a high-quality education. Bridge directly operates over 460 schools across Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria, and acts as a government school operator for 24 public primary and nursery schools in Liberia. Bridge works with parents, teachers and communities to provide the technology, training and resources to provide under-served communities with the support they need to deliver an education to their children that engages their hearts and minds, and ensures that they will complete primary school literate and numerate and able to take on the world.
What You Will Do
- The Training and Culture facilitator is responsible for the induction and on-going training and professional development of all Customer Experience staff, including Academy Managers, and Area Managers, as well as adjacent roles like Customer Care associates and Quality Insurance inspectors, as needed as their work, too is core to the customer experience
- Cultivate a feeling of pride and excitement for the Bridge mission and each person’s role at all training events
- Spend time in Bridge communities developing a knowledge of the market, Bridge International Academy operations and challenges (to understand how to best train for them), and the motivated young adults who could go on to become Academy Managers and Teachers; recommendations to recruitment processes always welcome
- Lead Academy Manager and Area Manager professional development training, working with national and global leadership teams to develop new sessions, programmes, and other content as needed
- Put in place and monitor the yearly training plans for the Customer Experience department and evaluate this against learning paths and developmental initiatives and the instructional designs arising.
- Evaluate learning goals for each training initiative versus the proposed participants learning expectations and deliverables thereafter.
- Analyse what is and isn’t working in training and workshop sessions and make recommendations for improvement, including piloting new sessions as needed
- Delivery and facilitation of developmental initiatives aligned to set curricula, instructor manuals, learner guides, and other materials, and/or utilize that meet identified learning goals for large and small groups
- Coordinate or perform administrative functions necessary to deliver and document learning and development programs. Manage data bases to track progress of participants and program scheduling
- Plan and liaise with the admin department for program materials used during facilitation against set budgets
- Train other teams as needed.
What You Should Have
- Bachelors’ degree in a business-related field or equivalent. (A degree in Communication, Education, Adult Education, Training of Trainers certification etc. is an added advantage)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a professional training position in a medium sized or large sized organisation
- Demonstration of development of training content and the ability to translate theoretical/conceptual information into clear and easily understood training content
- Presentation, communication, motivational speech & facilitation skills
- Experience managing large groups of adults or groups in development within the field of leadership & coaching
- Knowledge of instructional design & training methodologies
- Planning, organizing and communication skills
- Team work, partnering, liaison, negotiation, influencing skills and Conflict management
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Hands-on job, with a lot of time in the field, interacting with motivated young adults interested in a career at Bridge and leading residential trainings of as many as 150 academies per year, or more, throughout 3-6 training cycles as well as termly workshops
- A detailed doer - You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind- You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver- Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate- Our customers - these families living on less than $2 a day per person - never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner - You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Bridge International career website on jobs.jobvite.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Bridge InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Steward at University of Nairobi
- Assistant Accountant at Tangaza college
- Job Opportunities at Nova Pioneer
- Career Opportunities at British Council
- Assistant Technical Estate Manager at Kenton College Preparatory School
- Lecturing Opportunities at Africa Nazarene University
- Administrative Associate at Bridge International Academies
- Career Opportunities at Pwani University - 6 Positions