Account Handler Job at American International Group (AIG)
Posted on: 11 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Insurance / Investments
View All Jobs at American International Group, Inc. (AIG
American International Group, Inc., also known as AIG, is an American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries
- Daily review of receipts and payments postings to debtors ledger –ensure they balance with the cash book
- Daily identification of un –allocated cash ( receipts)and payments in the debtors ledger – using daily PMU downloads
- Review of monthly ledger and statements –prepare exceptional report and identify write offs, and over due premiums
- Meet weekly collection targets and refer problems accounts to profit centers managers
- Refer defaulting accounts to lawyers to institute legal action or to debt collectors after approval by the credit committee Ensure that monthly WH/tax and annual returns are prepared make broker visits and other companies clients and re-insurers
- Convene the war room and follow up action plans, distribute and explain data to the PCM
- Recommend to the credit committee which producers should have their credit facility withdrawn
- Liaise daily with underwriters on queries raised by producers
- Monthly review of Bad debts and provisions
- Ensure that debtors ledger is is properly aged and is in agreement with G/L
- Convening and chairing reconciliation and confirmations meetings with producers based on correct statements and facilitate settlements
- Co-ordinate debtors accounts opening and carry out checklist prior to accounts opening
- Check and review agents commission monthly , ensure that the paid commission are allocated-ensure that only licensed agents are paid their commissions-
- Minimum 2 years credit control experience, preferably in an insurance environment.
- Experience in Financial reconciliations as well as working with Share Service Centre partner in a Multinational environment.
- The candidate must have intermediate to Advance Excel skills, be a team player, be able to work in a high pressurized environment, be able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and needs to be able to work independently.
AIG COMPETENCIES AND VALUES
AIG CORE VALUES.
The job holder will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of the following AIG values;
- Integrity – Be part of an honorable and committed work ethic.
- Entrepreneurial – Find opportunities and put them into action.
- Disciplined Risk Taking – Move quickly and carefully.
- Innovation – Be creative and generate new ideas.
- Knowledge-Continuously educate and train.
- Responsive Leadership – Encourage accountability, teamwork, effective communication, and results.
- Service-Deliver quality and respond skillfully to our customers.
- Recognition and respect for the individual.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to American International Group, Inc. (AIG) career website on careers.peopleclick.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about American International Group, Inc. (AIG)Similar Jobs
- HR Officer at Tausi Assurance Limited
- Business Consultant at Resolution Insurance