Fabrication & Welding Facilitator Job at Capyie NGO
Posted on: 12 January, 2017
Deadline: 13 January, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Capyie NGO
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, is supported by MasterCard Foundation, was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures. The key purpose of the organization is to assist 23,030 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct trainings at the learning centers to equip learners with Welding & fabrication knowledge and skills.
- Conduct trainings at the learning centers while taking into consideration the contexts and profiles of the learners. This may involve being flexible and adaptable to environments which may necessitate adjusting delivery styles.
- Support learners during trainings
- Maintain and observe quality standards in content delivery.
- Ensure weekly work log is completed to include information on whether learning objectives were met and document the successes and challenges experienced.
- Maintain an up to date record of students.
- Ensure students on internship fill their logbooks.
- Ensure students maintain highest levels of discipline at all times.
- Collect information pertaining to trainings including seeking and compiling feedback from learners on trainings, for course improvement.
- Document training activities through photographs for reporting purposes
- Participate in Road shows to recruit students.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Minimum Higher Diploma in Fabrication & Welding Engineering. Those with diploma and with relevant experience will be considered.
- At least two (2) years working experience in the field of welding and fabrication.
Knowledge and experience of computers and computer packages.
Knowledge of soft skills required for workplace readiness.
- Experience in teaching/ training, experience teaching/training in underprivileged communities would be an added advantage
- Good presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Time management skills
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is essential
Method of Application
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th January 2017.
Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Capyie NGOSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Beacon of Hope - 4 Positions
- Head of Marketing at Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO)
- Career Opportunities at Education Development Trust - 5 Positions
- Information Management System Consultancy at Hivos East Africa
- Job Opportunities at Villo Africa
- Medical Manager at Christian Mission Aid
- Land Specialist at UN Human Settlements Program
- Director of Financial Operations at Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI)