The Catholic Medical Mission Board (CMMB) is an international, faith-based NGO, providing long-term, co-operative medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and healthcare issues. It was established in 1912 and officially registered in 1928. CMMB is headquartered in New York City, USA and currently has country offices in Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan and Zambia.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform preoperative and post-operative management of VMMC clients.
- Ensure teams target are met.
- Provide supervision to the Infection control officer.
- Ensures safety, custody and functionality of CMMB equipment and other assets within the site.
- Ensure availability of VMMC supplies and proper inventory management of the same within the site.
- Assist or Perform surgical procedures to eligible VMMC clients.
- Ensure VMMC clients are done post op follow up and documented.
- Ensures that all VMMC adverse events are well managed and reported.
- Ensures that VMMC data is captured accurate and reported consistently to the MOH and entered in the data base.
- Ensures proper storage, quantification and safety of VMMC supplies within the sites
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma holder in Nursing/ Clinical Medicine.
- Must be registered with relevant professional body of Kenya.
- Must exhibit flexibility in time management and be able to work for longer hours to beat tight deadlines.
- Past experience in Male circumcision program is an added advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge on Computer mandatory.
Method of Application
Please submit your CV, Cover letter, testimonials and three referees and daytime telephone to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
Applications must be submitted not later than 20th January, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.