Médecins sans frontières (MSF) or Doctors Without Borders, is an international humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization (NGO) and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, best known for its projects in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic diseases. It was founded in France in response to the Biafran War. The organization is known in most of the world by its localized name or simply as MSF; in Canada and the United States the name Doctors Without Borders is commonly used. In 2015 over 30,000, mostly local, doctors, nurses and other medical professionals, logistical experts, water and sanitation engineers and administrators provided medical aid in over 70 countries. These doctors and nurses decided to volunteer their time to solve issues of world health. Private donors provide about 90% of the organization's funding, while corporate donations provide the rest, giving MSF an annual budget of approximately US$750 million.
Location: Likoni sub county of Mombasa
Length of contract: 12 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance (includes 3 month probationary period)
Main Purpose: Perform repair , maintenance , minor electrical, construction works, according to the supervisor’s instructions and MSF standards, in order to ensure proper operations.
Main Tasks include, but not limited to:
- Carry out all minor works (construction, repairs, minor electrical, etc.)
- Perform regular maintenance of MSF installations / equipment / infrastructures (base, house, store, warehouse, health centre, hospital, etc.)
- Perform any necessary tests , checks to confirm the proper operation of the installation or equipment after repair.
- Ensure effective management, protection and care of work tools (including site installations under the employee’s supervision) and keep the workshop tidy.
- Ensure that there are adequate stocks of consumables and materials for minor repairs and manage those stocks; placing orders in time.
- Keep all documents related to installations, equipment, infrastructures in order and update them regularly.
- Assist logistics department for any related work needed
Education: Literacy essential.
Experience: Previous experience desirable
Languages: English, local language desirable.
Knowledge: Desirable computer literacy
- Stress management
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter, copies of certificates/diplomas and current registration documents to the link below before 24th January 2017.
We apologize that due to the volume of applications we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted (MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)
Interested and qualified? Go to Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) career website on uhired.me to apply