Grants Accountant - SomRep at World Vision
Posted on: 13 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at World Vision Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Purpose Of The Position
Make department payments to our service providers, suppliers and Sub-Recipients (SR) and also report on grant spending for World Vision Somalia Sub Recipients.
- Follow up with partners to ensure timely and error free financial reporting.
- Timely disbursement of funds to SR
- Ensuring Sub-recipients have internal control systems in place such that accounting records are complete, accurate and are maintained on a consistent basis within the generally acceptable accounting principles.
- Undertake field visits as necessary to ensure Financial reports can be linked to the programmatic reports
- Thorough review of SR submitted financial reports including payment vouchers and giving feedback on performance, areas of improvement and expectations in terms of SR financial performance.
- Monthly and Quarterly Financial Grant reports:
- Consolidate SR quarterly and or monthly financial reports in a timely manner and with no errors.
- Review and where necessary provide appropriate expense codes to partners for accurate posting of expenses.
- Prepare analysis of grant expenditure for management action to help in monitoring the burn rate of various grants.
- Preparation and participation in annual Audits of the department:
- Ensure all financial documents are filed and files are available for Audit. This would include financial records and contract agreements.
- Work with auditors to retrieve the sampled documents from the files.
- Assists auditors to receive required information for SomRep program from other departments, for example Supply Chain department, P&C and World Vision Somalia Finance Office during audit.
- Contribute to acceptable and timely audit reports through provision of required feedbacks during Audit processes.
- Make SomRep Departmental Payments:
- Payments to Service Providers; housing expenses for SomRep International Staff, school fees for International Staff Children and Travel agent who facilitate SomRep travel needs both locally and Internationally-pay Tickets and Travel transfers
- Legal fees for example, Audit fees, consultant fee.
- Per diems for World Vison SomRep staff.
- Business and Travel Advances for SomRep staff.
- Confirmation from Administration and P&C department on expenses to be incurred by the office and those to be charged to individual accounts –policies issues on expenditure limits, for example housing and school fees for the dependents.
- Help SomRep Senior Program Officer in linking Grant Budgets to Grant Work-plans, so that the activities to be undertaken in the program matches to the budget
- Work with Grant Finance Manager to match SR budgets to the program budget for consistency.
- Monitor and review SR activities to ensure that only budgeted costs have been incurred.
- Monitoring bank balances:
- Inform Grant Finance Manager on bank balances to ensure the Accounts are not overdrawn and money is available to make required payments.
- Ensure funds are available for smooth running of program activities
- Ensure all copies of final signed Grant agreements documents between SomRep donors and sub- recipients are available on file.
- Ensure good storage of financial reports and records pertaining to the SomRep program in line with the department and donor requirements.
- Attend program technical meetings and give feedback and updates on financial aspect of the SomRep program.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Commerce/Finance or a related study
- Should be CPA / ACCA Finalist
- Over 5 years working experience managing donor funded grants.
- Experience working with Danida, SDC, EU and DFAT government grants will have an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience working with partner organization.
- Experience in developing budgets and negotiating the same with partner agencies and donors.
- Demonstrated success in achieving results under challenging implementation circumstances.
- Sound knowledge of programme management.
- Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and work in a highly demanding work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial documents, projections, expenditures, and accruals with great details.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
Working Environment / Conditions
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to Somalia
- Travel: 15% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: Yes
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Vision Kenya career website on careers.wvi.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about World Vision KenyaSimilar Jobs
- WASH Specialist at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager at Mercy Corps
- Career Opportunities at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Project Officer, Resource of Open Minds (R.O.O.M) at Hivos People
- Job Opportunities at International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology - ICIPE
- SQL Server DBA at Save the Children International
- Contract and Procurement Officer at FHI 360
- Consultancy: Develop a Social Protection Strategy for Mombasa County - UNICEF