If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Kenyan Alliance Insurance Company Ltd
can trace its “roots” back to the early beginnings of the 20th century when its predecessors, Sun Insurance Office and Alliance Assurance Company based in the UK,established an agency representation in Kenya in 1915. Later, as the business grew, the company opened branches and ceased to operate through agency representation.
The Head of ICT Manager will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the firm, working closely with Management to assess and address user needs.
Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading company-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology.
This position reports to the Business Processes Manager and supervises all IT Unit employees.
Other principal working relationships include the Management staff, all system users, vendors and consultants.
ICT Job Key Responsibilities
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals.
- Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions and file maintenance.
- Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems as required by the Supervisor.
- Work with Management to develop strategies and plans to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
- Communicate regularly with Management and all users of information services and systems.
- Manage IT staff, training, evaluation, guidance, and discipline.
- Develop the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices; new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths.
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Division, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment.
- Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, out source, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Support the Company’s overall mission and follow all standards, policies, procedures, and confidentiality guidelines.
Education, Experience and Key Competencies for the ICT Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience, along with advanced technical or managerial credentials;
- Sound knowledge of insurance business processes;
- Seven or more years of progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment;
- Mature, Confident, Articulate and with strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
- Honest and trustworthy;
- Flexible; Self-motivated; and Team Player
Method of Application
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, kindly submit your application and CV to HR@Kenyanalliance.com on or before 23rd January 2017 quoting the job title as the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted