Africa Management Initiative (AMI) is a pan-African entrepreneurial social business that empowers African managers, entrepreneurs and young professionals through practical and accessible learning and development tools.
We have developed Africa’s first online social learning platform (web and mobile), and combine cutting-edge technology, world-class content, in-person workshops and innovative coaching and feedback tools.
The Business Development Manager will be an aggressive and ambitious sales professional who consistently beats targets and sets the agenda in his or her sector. S/he must be a driven self-starter; a tech-savvy professional with great people and project skills, and the ability to analyse an organisation, understand its learning and development needs and work with our world-class learning design team to scope and sell a solution.
The successful candidate will focus on building and managing AMI’s portfolio of mid-large clients. This will include both partner organisations (intermediaries such as business associations) and corporations.
Business Development Manager Job Responsibilities
- Achieve and surpass monthly and quarterly sales targets
- Strengthen AMI’s pipeline of partner organisations and businesses (B2B) in Kenya
- Identify and generate leads through networking, events, and business associations
- Manage the full sales cycle including prospecting, contacting, nurturing and closing deals
- Make presentations, negotiate and close deals with support from senior staff
- Upsell AMI products to existing clients
- Work closely with the rest of the Business Development team to develop and improve on best practices & processes
- Work collaboratively with the learning team to devise strategies that meet the client’s needs and budget
- Work with programme management teams to manage client relationships throughout the sales cycle and beyond
- Manage client contract renewals and pricing
- Support partner organisations in marketing workshops and other AMI products to constituents
- Proven success in consultative sales and B2B business development
- A drive and tenacity to develop completely new sales
- Ability to generate new leads and relationships and systematically convert those leads into deals
- Ability to negotiate pricing and contracts with mid and large corporate clients
- Ability to sell management education, corporate training and/or enterprise development
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Clear and effective communicator – both written and verbal
- Strong people skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
Education and Experience Required for the Business Development Manager Job
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years sales experience, specifically selling consulting or business services (B2B)
- Documented success managing a full sales cycle
- Direct experience working on client accounts
- Experience writing business documents such as proposals and training presentations
- Experience working in entrepreneurial or high-growth environment (essential)
- Experience using Sales force or other CRM systems desired
Method of Application
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com . This job specification is being issued in December 2016, with a view to identifying a suitable person to begin by April 2017.
We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible, explaining why you would be suitable for this role and providing current salary details. Please also send any questions about the role to this address