Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Administrative Associate, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
He/she provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the Country Office (CO), Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Driver Job
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and;
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicles focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs;
- Provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Through timely minor repairs;
- Arrangements for major repairs;
- Timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Valid vehicle insurance;
- Vehicle logs, office directory;
- Map of the city/country;
- First aid kit, necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken if involved in an accident.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the CO services.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties;
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers);
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers);
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers).
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases;
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative;
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy;
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others.
Managing Documents, Correspondences and Reports
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software;
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard.
Planning, Organizing and Multi-tasking
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines;
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support.
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Qualifications for the Driver Job
- Completion of Secondary Education;
- Valid Driver’s license.
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver;
- Safe driving record;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations career website on jobs.partneragencies.net to apply