If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Administrative Associate, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
He/she provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the Country Office (CO), Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Driver Job
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and;
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicles focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs;
- Provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Through timely minor repairs;
- Arrangements for major repairs;
- Timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Valid vehicle insurance;
- Vehicle logs, office directory;
- Map of the city/country;
- First aid kit, necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken if involved in an accident.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the CO services.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties;
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers);
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers);
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers).
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases;
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative;
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy;
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others.
Managing Documents, Correspondences and Reports
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software;
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard.
Planning, Organizing and Multi-tasking
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines;
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support.
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Qualifications for the Driver Job
- Completion of Secondary Education;
- Valid Driver’s license.
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver;
- Safe driving record;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations career website on jobs.partneragencies.net to apply