If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Powerhive, a growing company that provides access to electricity in emerging markets, is seeking a bright, self-motivated engineer to join their engineering team. This position is stationed in Kisii, Kenya with frequent presence in Nairobi. This position requires travel to Berkeley, California to interface with Powerhive’s core engineering team.
This position requires travel to Berkeley, California to interface with Powerhive’s core engineering team.
He/she will be responsible for engineering issues related to Powerhive designed products and installed micro grids.
- Engineering support of full range of Powerhive mechanical, electrical, and software products.
- Participate in new product design reviews with development team
- Provide new product release and deployment readiness recommendations and train support teams (TSE O&M) for knowledge transfer of new product offerings
- Utilize/modify/create data analysis tools for product status reports and fleet metrics
- Investigate customer complaints, conduct failure analysis (FA), and provide investigation and FA reports.
- Work with technical service engineers and O&M technicians to address product issues and be the final subject matter expert for escalations.
- As subject matter expert, improve Powerhive’s support process for better customer satisfaction
- Analyze escalated field issues and troubleshoot/solve product/system problems identified during commissioning or system operation. Involve development team in corrective action plan as needed. Validate effectiveness of solution and train O&M teams for implementation of corrective action
- Work with vendors to address issues related to vendor sourced electrical products
- Provide development teams with recommendations for current and future generation product improvements based on field data or dealer feedback for subsequent product generations
- Review training materials, vendor product change notifications, engineering change notifications, and device guides/installation manuals. Provide content as needed
- Provide management with installed product status reports as needed
- Bsc. Degree in electrical/electronic engineering.
- Ability and proven experience to think creatively, learn quickly, and develop innovative solutions to communication and electrical challenges involved with residential electrical and photovoltaic installations
- Proven field experience and/or electrical characterization, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of electrical engineering experience. Experience in PV industry or energy sector is highly desirable.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work both independently and with multiple teams
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong customer focused attitude
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues involving modern networking technologies including; TCP/IP, Cellular, Wi-Fi
- Experience/familiarity with energy system monitoring and performance analysis
- Understanding of PV theory and residential/commercial/utility AC systems and components
- Use of basic electrical engineering lab/field equipment
- Experience/familiarity with NEC, electric code, certification, and testing standards
- Ability to speak Kiswahili is a plus
- Bsc. Degree in Engineering and 5-8 years of related experience OR California C10/C46 license OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience.
The position should be filled by 1st February, 2017. Due to the large volumes of applications expected only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Powerhive career website on jobs.lever.co to apply