The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a pan-African, non-profit, regional research institute that conducts high-quality research on population, health, education and urbanization and other development challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa.
Communications Assistant Job Major Responsibilities
- Organize images in shared drive (and PEC hard drives) in folders that are intuitive and chronological, and able to be used with and without watermark
- Organize all logos, watermarks, icons, vector logos, etc into a folder that is easily accessible and sharable
- Load all contacts into contact (program/issue specific?) database to start fresh in 2017
- Lead on the day-to-day part of the library overhaul and inventory management
- Support organization, management and inventory of printed products across the Center
- Develop a PEC mood board on Pinterest for looks, logos and ideas about print products
- Go through the online stylebook and make updates or additions based on what we identify as missing
Qualifications and Experience for the Communications Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in communication
- At least 2 years post-qualification experience
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with a wide range and level of audience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as ability to work in a culturally diverse team
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal by January 19, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer African Population and Health Research Center, Inc APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi Website: www.aphrc.org
Interested and qualified? Go to African Population and Health Research Center career website on hrs.aphrc.org to apply