Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
About The IT Systems Administrator Role
Andela is seeking an IT Systems Administrator on permanent contract. Reporting to the IT Manager, this individual Must possess core competencies in Systems management and IT infrastructure support and is a “world class” technologist.
You are the person who understands how IT systems work under the hood. You have passion for supporting users in a large complex environment. You are able to transfer your technical expertise to members of your team as well as other member of the Andela organisation. In this role, you will devise strategies that would leverage technology solutions to solve business challenges positioning IT team and the company at large as world class players.
Your Personality Reflects That
- You are passionate about IT.
- You have a clear vision of technology and are able to understand the multiple complex pieces of a technology problem and provide the best solution.
- You are driven and will not let challenges go unsolved.
- You have a keen sense and understand how IT systems play a major role in an organisation’s growth.
On This Job You Will
- You will be responsible for all IT centric systems, managing, monitoring, tracking, reporting and resolving any issues that might come up during the day to day operation of each system.
- You will manage the helpdesk system, keeping to strict SLAs as defined.
- You will serve as a first point of contact for all IT related issues and escalate to the appropriate levels.
- You would on occasion provide remote support to users across different timezones.
- You will liaise with and support other departments to provide all technology solutions that they might need to fulfill daily tasks.
- You will serve as liaison to third parties to resolve IT issues within the company.
- You will provide subject matter expertise, advice and consultancy for infrastructure and IT systems.
- You will monitor and effect all IT policies and strategies defined by the organisation.
- Be proactive in communicating within and without the department ensuring information transparency.
- You will on occasion work outside regular work hours.
What Makes You a Great Fit For This Role
- The ability to troubleshoot IT networks and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Experience in managing a large user base.
- Deep understanding and demonstrated knowledge of core IT concepts including routing, firewalls, operating systems’ maintenance, computer hardware repairs.
- Working technical knowledge of the Linux operating system and similar environments.
- At least 3 years in IT Administration and managed a large user base.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Andela career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply