Programme Associate Job at Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC)
Posted on: 19 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Kenya Human Rights Commission
The Kenya Human Rights Commission
(KHRC) is a non-government organisation founded in 1992 and registered in 1994. The Commission campaigns to create a culture in Kenya where human rights and democratic culture are entrenched. It does this through monitoring, documenting and publicising rights violations.
Duties for the Programme Associate Job
- Support in organizing co-conveners meetings, National conferences, and stakeholders’ consultations for the Kura Yangu Sauti Yangu (KYSY) Coalition.
- Monitor and report upon such processes and activities in the lead-up to, during and after the 2017 general elections as are relevant to the KYSY and functions of the Elections Situation Room (ESR)/Electoral Processes Monitoring Center (EPMC)
- Coordinate the operations of contracted field monitors vis-à-vis monitoring and advocacy around key electoral processes
- Develop, in consultation with the program advisor, such monitoring and other reports as may be required by the advisor and as are relevant to the functions of the ESR/EMPC and the mandate of KYSY
- Conduct such field visits and operations as required and as are relevant to the KYSY mandate and the functions of ESR/EPMC
- Organize and attend such meetings as required and are relevant to the KYSY mandate and the functions of ESR/EPMC
Programme Associate Job Qualifications
- A degree in law, political science or international relations or any other related discipline.
- Strong understanding of human rights and governance issues and mechanisms.
- At least 6 months to 2 years’ experience working on electoral governance issues
- Proven track record in policy/legislative work and advocacy on electoral governance issues
- Demonstrable experience in human rights based approaches
- Demonstrable experience working with or coordinating partners with community and national levels organizations and networks.
- Capacity to organize all relevant logistics to effectively carry out the responsibilities above.
Method of Application
If you believe you fit the profile kindly apply by sending in your applications through email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Kenya Human Rights CommissionSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Oxfam
- MEAL Officer at Save the Children
- Technologist/Technology Advisor at Amnesty International
- Job Opportunities at The World University Service of Canada
- Accountant at Mission Aviation Fellowship
- Finance Officer at African Development Solutions - Adeso
- Regional Administrator at CESVI
- Renal Nurse at WE Charity