Regional Human Resources Officer Job at Internews Network
Posted on: 20 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Internews Network
Internews is an international is a non-profit organization whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect and the means to make their voices heard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, with other duties upon request:
- Together with local HR representatives, consults local legal counsel to establish local labor requirements, including but not limited to establishing compliant labor agreements, paid time off requirements, severance and termination requirements, and statutory and voluntary benefit requirements.
- Reviews the HR template documents being used in each office to ensure compliance and standardization, including employment agreements, contract agreements, staff policies and handbooks.
- Ensures delivery of staff safety and security information to relevant staff groups.
- Provides ERP support to field offices, including new employee training, continued learning, and troubleshooting.
- Maintains local staff member data in the ERP system for offices which do not have direct access.
- Reviews local personnel files for every office within the portfolio for completeness and accuracy.
- Provides monthly staff census reports for each local office.
- Serves as point of contact and initial escalation point for questions about policy, procedure, and requirements for local HR representatives in each office.
- Develops and maintains contact list for local legal counsel in each office.
- Coordinates the development and completion of quarterly compliance and risk assessment reports for each office for delivery to HQ HR.
- Develops and implements additional components of the HR toolkit and templates for use in local offices.
- Supports field office setup and close out of projects and offices.
- Supports onboarding and training of key corporate staff within the region as needed.
- Provides support for local office audits as requested.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of experience working in Human Resources.
- Proven ability handling confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Prior experience with databases, preferably an ERP or HRIS system.
- Experience working in a regional HR position, preferred.
- Experience working in the international non-profit sector, preferred.
- University degree, or equivalent.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed.
- Able and willing to work early mornings or evenings as required in order to work with staff in the California office.
- Fluency in English and French, required.
- Organized, logical, detail-oriented.
- Ability to take direction, yet work independently with remote supervision and complete tasks on time.
- Strong writing and grammar skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Windows environment including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Explorer.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Internews Network career website on chm.tbe.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Internews NetworkSimilar Jobs
- Finance Officer at CIAT
- Administrative Assistant at Malteser International
- Career Opportunities at United Nations Office for Project Services
- Career Opportunities at UN Human Settlements Program
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at IMA World Health
- Country Director at CARE International
- Consultancy at Wetlands International
- Career Opportunities at Catholic Relief Services