Housekeeper Job at Alternate Doors
Posted on: 20 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Alternate Doors
At Alternate Doors
we pride ourselves on ensuring both the Employers and the job seekers get what they want in the most professional and efficient manner. ( HASSLE-FREE). As a client(Employer), we believe in ensuring we understand your business and your needs so that we can get the best candidates available for your business, and we will use any means necessary to deliver the best candidates. As a candidate(Job seeker), you will receive open, clear and professional advice and consultancy to ensure you are put forward for the right roles. We will be honest with you so that you are not ‘shoved in’ for a role you haven’t a hope of getting. Similarly, we won’t waste your time with roles that don’t match your profile.
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing of the overall operation of the housekeeping department Responsible for staffing, scheduling, training and developing hourly staff.
Responsibilities for the Housekeeper
- Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping department to include appropriate cleaning of all offices, concourses, seating areas, washrooms, restaurants, concession
stands, suites, and all public spaces.
- Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
- Daily supervision of the housekeeping staff, including the day, event and post-event crews.
- Daily supervision of the grounds keeping staff, including the day, event and post-event
- Daily supervision of the grounds keeping staff, including the day, event and post-event crews.
- Purchase, re-order and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory.
- Conduct pre-event inspections of all rooms, concourses, clubs, seating areas and public areas prior gate opening for every event held at the Arena.
- Recruit, schedule and train all new housekeeping staff members.
- Maintain the housekeeping budget, providing billing summaries and expenses for all pre and post events.
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within Housekeeping department.
- Determines and maintains the department work schedule used to notify staff of upcoming events and ensure proper preparation and staffing for each event.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment; makes arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
Qualifications for the Housekeeper Job
- Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
- Working knowledge of rooms management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Housekeeping process and procedures.
- Proven experience supervising housekeeping departments of 15+ employees.
- Ability to maintain a budget
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in all aspects of Housekeeping in a large, multi-use facility required, with at least 2 years of supervisory experience.A degree in Housekeeping
Method of Application
If you feel you fit the above role ,please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Alternate DoorsSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Duma Works - 3 Positions
- Investment Associate at Intrepid HR
- Solar Technician at Reeds Africa
- Branch Manager at AMSCO (African Management Services Company)
- Sales Executive at Shortlist Professionals
- Job Opportunity at Duma Works - 4 Positions
- Fleet Manager at Reeds Africa Consult
- General Manager at Redfox Executive Selection