The Job holder will be responsible for marketing to new and existing clients in order to grow quality business of both the asset and liability book in line with Institutional banking set targets and attain target profit for Institutional Banking. This role is also responsible for the retention of existing Institutional customers, and growing the wallet share from existing business/personal banking requirements and effective management of the relationship /customer experience.
The Incumbent will report to the Senior Manager-Institutional Banking and will be responsible for:
· Prospecting for new business opportunities and offering the full range of Banking products and services for Institutional Banking This includes engaging in activities such as:
· Identifying and developing new business relationships with potential Institutional Banking clients in order to achieve the bank’s liability objectives.
· Making regular client visits to review business requirements, assessing assets under securities held or offered and submitting call reports;
· Processing ad-hoc/additional/new requests/excesses under allotted portfolio and obtaining approvals where/when required
· Cross selling the Bank’s and Group’s products.
· Conducting reviews and renewals for existing relationships for Credit facilities
· Making regular customer meetings and visits to build and grow the relationship;
· Developing and rolling out new products and customer value propositions for Institutional Banking customers
· Ensuring that there is increased earnings, and utilization of all bank products through the development of appropriate value chains
Qualifications and Competencies:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Marketing or its equivalent from a recognized institution. (Master’s degree in Business, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized institution;- will be an added advantage)
· Chartered Institute of Marketing diploma or its equivalent; and
· Member of Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
· At least 3 years relevant experience
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Good financial analysis skills;
· Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
· Knowledgeable in credit, legal (conveyancing) and lending knowledge;
· Knowledge of banking processes and Banking Law;
· Demonstrate an understanding of the Banking Act, CBK prudential guidelines and credit policies.
· Strong negotiation and networking skills;
· Good performance track record in business development
· Strong innovative and creative thinking skills;
Interested and qualified? Go to I&M Bank career website on www.imbank.com to apply