If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Living Goods supports a network of micro-entrepreneurs in Uganda and Kenya who teach families in their communities how to improve health and well-being while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook-stoves, and solar lights.
As a Regional TFSO you will implement and support game-changing innovations and support Living Goods’ mission critical mobile tools, and Living Goods’ branch LAN (both hardware and software). Based in Busia, Kisii or Malaba, you will work with our Nairobi-based Technology and Operations teams, and will play a key role in implementing and supporting multiple technology innovations to improve diagnosis and treatments by agents, and enable branch staff support and supervise Community Health Volunteers.
The Regional Technology Field Support Officer Will Be Responsible For
- Installing and configuring and supporting computer systems and networks (including operating systems, PCs, printers, routers, antivirus, APKs, etc)
- Support and train staff with their IT requirements during and after on-boarding
- Provide support for mobile devices and applications to Branch Staff and CHVs within the assigned region.
- Resolve technology (hardware & software) failures/faults within agreed time limits
- Implement mobile application upgrades as required
- Support rollout of new applications
- Keep a detailed record of branch systems and mobile devices/application issues for purposes of reference and implementing improvements
- Support branch staff and Regional Field Managers at in-services trainings and field visits.
- Back up branch systems and ensure a current working backup is held offsite.
- Perform other professional duties as identified within the context of the role as directed by the organization.
- Diploma in IT or Computer Science required.
- At least 1 year experience troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Experience operating and troubleshooting Android smartphones a must.
- Willingness to travel in the field.
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to manage and prioritize many open cases at one time
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution;
- Ability to prioritize your workload
- Excellent verbal communications skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals
- Servers and applications infrastructure availability
- Minimize downtime duration for branch systems
- Timely resolution and sign-off of issues
- Timely closure of incidents and fast resolution of issues.
- Elimination of errors and/or rework during update execution
- Availability and viability of branch backups
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Living Goods career website on livinggoods.applytojob.com to apply