If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961, working in the field of the wilderness preservation, and the reduction of humanity's footprint on the environment. It was formerly named the World Wildlife Fund, which remains its official name in Canada and the United States.
Last year, WWF launched a new strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food – and three key drivers of environmental problems – markets, finance and governance.
Support and facilitate WWF’s organisational culture change programme. Part of a major change process within WWF, support identified culture shifts across the organisation such as systems thinking, open collaboration, innovating to achieve results at scale etc. Facilitate the co-creation by the HR community and other stakeholders of learning platforms, people processes, development programmes and initiatives to embed and further develop these cultural shifts.
- Help People Development (PD) Head with building and maintaining regular ‘agile’ rhythms for culture teams to facilitate delivery of key objectives. Use ‘agile’ project management, in order to host and facilitate the culture work.
- Manage related communications and foster engagement with key stakeholders across the Network, to support the ‘viral’ spread of the ‘living together possible’ behaviours.
- Hosts and facilitates peer learning and exchange, providing support and skill building for colleagues across the Network involved in instigating the culture shifts within their own spheres of influence.
- Facilitate and support the global HR community (comprising HR professionals located in offices across the WWF Network), to design, develop, implement and evolve key people processes such as induction, onboarding and performance management. Work with Programmes and Platforms Specialist, People Development to embed cultural behaviours through existing People Development work. Ensure that all people processes are aligned with the broader WWF culture change programme.
- Manage and oversee specific programmes to implement these frameworks (i.e. network induction programmes).
- Help the HR Director and PD Head to build and host an effective global HR community of practice in order to deliver the global HR strategy. Foster peer learning, skill development, alignment and co-delivery of HR goals through the community.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Proven learning and development experience acquired in a global organisation, ideally with exposure to a major change process or organisational culture shift .
- Familiar with using leading-edge approaches eg 70-20-10, strengths based development, social learning, working out loud, personal knowledge management.
- Experience with Agile (project management methodology) preferably in social change settings (NGOs, social enterprises).
- Experience with developing and hosting successful online communities and social spaces.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in relevant fields.
- Role models the ‘living together possible’ behaviours: system thinking, open collaboration, innovating to achieve results at scale
- Fluent virtual collaborator, tech-savvy, influencer and mobilizer through social media, online communications and virtual platforms etc.
- Global citizen, comfortable working across cultures in order to achieve tangible results; Comfortable with ambiguity, complexity and achieving outputs via networks and social ecosystems; ability to challenge key stakeholders in a diplomatic, thought-provoking manner.
- High learning agility, self-starter, proactive, deep listening skills, consulting and influencing skills; service/stewardship focus and organizational understanding.
- Fluency in English, with other languages an asset.
- Adheres to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Method of Application
Upload your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply. Deadline for applications: 29 January 2016
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
Interested and qualified? Go to World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Kenya career website on www.linkedin.com to apply