Summit Recruitment & Search was established in 2009 to address the recruitment, mass recruitment, executive search, outsourcing and training needs of companies based in Kenya or wanting to enter the Kenyan, East African, South African and African market. We have a leading proven track record in our field in South Africa, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Rwanda, Nigeria, Zambia, Ghana and many other African countries. We are able to advise on market trends, training requirements, prevailing salaries and offer a complete HR Solution where necessary.
An Engineering-Science background is required with strong experience in Management. In depth knowledge of production/technical processes and procedures, particularly with respect to safety, output, quality, security and housekeeping a must.
- Lead, control and coordinate the activities of the line, area and equipment to ensure that the relevant activities, products or services are planned
- Empower the cell teams to have the ability and commitments to achieve KPI’s
- Resolve issues within the cell through coaching, training and effective delegation.
- Drive through performance improvements to support Quality, Cost and Delivery targets
- Champion and facilitate the adoption and integration of lean manufacturing and best practice
- Ensure the effective utilisation and cost optimisation of all resources within the area
- Technical Manager and point of contact for internal and external customers.
- Support the Process Manager in the development of strategic plans for the area
- Proactively plan and engage with other departments/areas to ensure a collaborative approach
- Provide point of escalation from the cell leaders for people, process, technical and resource issues
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent in Engineering or Science
- In depth knowledge of production/technical processes and procedures.
- Techniques including Lean manufacturing, 6 Sigma, SMED, 5S, VSM, KANBAN, KAIZAN
- Knowledge and experience regarding the application of structured problem solving methods
- Knowledge and experience of HR processes
- Track record as change agent and of implementing best practice
- Good understanding of budgetary controls and variance analysis within an operational environment
- Ability to lead, motivate, coach and develop people and work within a team environment
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a real passion for Software Development as you will be joining an environment that will allow you to use your creative and technical abilities to the maximum potential. The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years years experience in Object-oriented application design and development. You will also be an individual who can utilize the best development principles in multiple platforms (browser, tablet, mobile) to create and enhance products that can make a lasting impression in the market.
- Diagnose & resolve complex issues & have experience leveraging continuous test
- Delivering high quality products on time while in Agile/Scrum cycle methodologies.
- Understanding of relational databases & Linux environments and closely engage with GIT.
- MUST demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Influence and collaborate with other work teams across departments
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Experience building and leveraging applications in Laravel
- Experience building and testing modules for 24/7 stability, performance.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
Previous experience is not essential, but all applicants MUST be fresh graduate.
- Contribute to website redesign project in various ways.
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks.
- Liaise closely with all clients, to ensure their recruitment needs are being met.
- Source industry related remuneration market data.
- Any task assigned.
- Background degree in Marketing, Communication or Technology.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but we will also train.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate MUST have an excellent experience leading a team, working in a high-pressure environment and have the ability to set up systems and structures.
• Conduct research to develop new and improved manufacturing processes.
• Develop safety procedures for those working with potentially dangerous chemicals.
• Design and plan the layout of equipment.
• Do tests and monitor the performance of processes throughout production.
• Troubleshoot problems with manufacturing processes.
• Evaluate equipment and processes to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
• Estimate production costs for management.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
• Must have a minimum of 8 years working in a Manufacturing environment.
• Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment with high targets.
• Must be able to work in a un-structured environment.
• Must have management experiences whereby the will be required to manage a team.
• Must demonstrate experience working in a manufacturing company.
• Experience working with polymerization would be an added advantage.
• Must have excellent presentation and analytical skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.