Kenya Markets Trust, a trademark of Market Development Trust, is a Kenyan organization that works in partnership with the private sector; county & national governments; Associations; Local and Internationals Partners to unleash large scale, sustainable market growth by changing the underlying incentives, capacities and rules that shape how market systems work.
Responsibilities for the Knowledge & Results Lead Job
This position will have overall responsibility for the effective functioning of the Knowledge and Results management system within KMT with the following specific responsibilities.
Strategy & Team leadership
- Take charge of development and continual evolution of the Knowledge and Results strategy.
- Manage the Knowledge and Results
- Provide a strategic view on the development of the Knowledge and results measurement systems including but not limited to monitoring, evaluation and learning frameworks, impact research, use of technology among others
Program Design and Monitoring
- Lead the Knowledge and Results team in supporting sector teams to develop intervention plans consistent with KMT’s theory of change.
- Verify and validate identified sector specific performance indicators.
- Establish protocols for monitoring of KMT’s activities
- Monitor implementation and progress of all activities, costs and milestones as appropriate to ensure appropriate sector performance
- Provide oversight over design, and implementation of baseline, mid-term and final
- Lead in the design of methodologies to appropriately measure identified indicators
- Ensure that program portfolio teams align their interventions to sector impact objectives,
- Support the refinement and measurement of institutional Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to track progress towards achievement of strategic objectives.
Knowledge & Learning
- Ensure that results feed into portfolio program
- Maintain a high quality knowledge results and learning practice in
- Develop and share data and information that tracks KMT’s organizational performance at portfolio and institutional levels.
- Develop and disseminate knowledge products that meet the needs of internal and selected external audiences.
Reviews and Audit
- Support coordination of external
- Assist in preparation for donor reviews and program
- Support donor and organizational
- Lead in preparation of high quality portfolio and annual reports.
- Develop periodic portfolio updates to the Board of directors.
Knowledge & Results Lead Job Qualifications
- Educated to Masters level or equivalent in a relevant discipline including Social Sciences, Information Management, Project Management, Engineering, Finance or other relevant academic qualification.
- 8-10 years’ experience, with at least 4 years gained as head of department or equivalent in a progressive private sector development organization.
- Hands-on, senior level experience managing a Monitoring & Evaluation function in a development context.
- Experience collaborating with a range of partners including implementing partners, donors among others.
- Proven track record of successfully facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated high degree of interpersonal skills, able to manage interpersonal relationships with colleagues, donors and partners.
- A highly developed sense of client service and partnerships management.
- Experience in and comfortable in the use of different technology products to manage information.
- Functional Competencies required for this role
- Strong management and co-ordination skills.
- Strategic thinking and good commercial acumen.
- A proven capability to provide gainful insight and practical and pragmatic solutions to business challenges with a bias towards action and resolving issues quickly.
- Ability to develop and execute sound human resource policies with the contribution and support of line management.
- Excellent sense of operations and an appreciation for the interplay between human resource strategy and the needs of business”.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills, problem-solving, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Able to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker”.
A competitive package with benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
Method of Application
To apply for this role, send your updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , with the headline: Knowledge and Results Lead. Deadline for receiving applications is Friday February 3, 2017